Adrian & Stacy
Adrian & Stacy
We are so excited to start this new adventure in our life. Thank you for taking a look at our profile. We tried to make sure that the love we feel for each other and the joy we take in life shows in our profile. We are honored and humbled that you would consider us. You are making an incredibly brave decision in pursuing adoption, and we will not take that for granted.
If we should be fortunate enough to meet you, you would find that we are a fun-loving, family-oriented, focused “team” with a passion for working and playing hard in equal measure!
If you choose us as parents, we promise to…
• teach your child to love learning
• shower your child with love
• teach your child the value of hard work & effort
• play with your child & foster a vivid imagination
• surround your child with a village of warm-hearted family & friends
• make your child feel safe
• laugh loudly & often with your child
• impress upon your child the importance of kindness
• help your child act with integrity
• hug & snuggle your child every night before bed
Thank you for taking the time to consider us. We hope this profile will give you a glimpse of the love and home we wish to create with your child. We look forward to learning more about you.
Adrian & Stacy
We met our freshman year in the marching band at UCLA, where Stacy played the flute and Adrian played the baritone. We hit it off as friends almost immediately, and we started dating our sophomore year. Adrian proposed at the start of our senior year, so we spent our senior year of college planning a wedding and studying for our last set of finals.
Since we married right out of college, we grew together, both personally and professionally. We supported each other through multiple career changes, and after eighteen years of marriage, there’s no one else we would rather spend time with.
• We live in Los Angeles, California, just fifteen minutes from Hollywood.
• We live in a four-bedroom home at the end of a quiet street, so we have plenty of room for a new family member.
• We spend weekend evenings dining with friends at restaurants near our home.
• When summer hits, we spend time at the beach or hiking Fryman Canyon.
• We watch at least one concert each summer with friends at the Hollywood Bowl.
• We venture out to Disneyland a few times a year.
• We head out to Dodgers Stadium often, where Adrian cheers for the Dodgers, and Stacy roots for the San Francisco Giants.
• We can’t wait to take a child with us to enjoy the fresh air and soak up the outdoor sights of Los Angeles.
Adrian is the most patient person I know. He always knows what to say to help calm my nerves at the end of a long day of teaching. Adrian challenges me to look at situations from different perspectives, which helps me continue to grow.
Adrian pushes me out of my shell to try new things, like ziplining across a river in Vail, Colorado. I can’t wait to watch him challenge a young child to try things out of their comfort zone.
A few fun facts
• Adrian works at Disney on the enterprise technology team.
• His flexible work environment allows him to work from home, which will be very helpful with the arrival of a new child.
• Adrian volunteers as a marching instructor and student leadership coach for a youth non-profit organization.
• Adrian has grown up a Star Wars fan all his life and is excited to share this love with a child.
• He competes in triathlons, and he even completed a Half-Ironman distance.
• He plays board games, and he also started to play the guitar.
Our Los Angeles Family
Adrian’s family is based here in Los Angeles, so we see them often. His mom started crying on the phone when we told her that we are adopting, and she already promised lots of baby-sitting help.
Adrian’s sister, Erika, is adopted and has grown up loving Stacy like a big sister. She is thrilled to assume auntie duties. Adrian’s bother, Ruben, and our sister-in-law, Wendy, have their hands full with Kaelyn and Cameron, our niece and nephew, and Adrian likes playing soccer with them in their backyard.
On his mom’s side alone, Adrian has five aunts and uncles and fourteen first cousins, which leads to lively, joyful parties. In fact, we’ve been lucky enough to host over 40 family members for the annual Christmas party and summer birthday parties in our home.
I believe Stacy will be an absolutely amazing mother. Her combination of warmth and love with an unmatched work ethic will serve her so well as the mother to our child. Stacy just glows with love when she plays with Ashley, our niece, in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our trips there may be short, but I see her smile and laugh just a little bigger and louder when we spend time with her family. Stacy develops very tight bonds and feelings for the friends who are the dearest to her. It is one of Stacy’s best traits, and I cannot wait for her to develop these bonds with our child.
A few fun facts
• Stacy teaches fifth grade at a private school in Los Angeles.
• While Stacy has loved teaching for the past eleven years, she is ready to devote full-time care and attention to “teaching” one child at home and being a stay at home mother.
• She volunteers on the National Leadership Team with Kappa Delta Sorority, which allows her to mentor collegiate leaders.
• Stacy’s love of reading is unrivaled, and she reads over 80 books a year.
• Stacy practices yoga, and she has completed two half-marathons.
Our Bay Area Family
Stacy’s family lives in the San Francisco Bay are in California. She talks to her dad on the phone every night. When we first told her dad about adoption, he fist-pumped with excitement, and then his eyes filled with happy tears over the thought of a new grandchild in the family.
We FaceTime weekly with Stacy’s brother, Ryan, sister-in-law, Gina, and adorable niece, Ashley. We travel to the Bay Area every few months to visit, and we cram these weekends with family dinners, games with Ryan, and playtime with Ashley (especially dolls or arts and crafts). They have already started talking about making regular visits down to Los Angeles to spend time with their new niece or nephew.
Our adventures exploring the world
We LOVE to travel. Our journeys have taken us across the globe, and we are excited to share our adventures with a child.
Our favorite summer trips include strolling down the Champs-Elysees in Paris, France, as well as marveling at Stonehenge in England. Most recently, we star-grazed from the top of Mauna Kea and played in the Pacific on the Big Island in Hawaii.
Past trips include:
• Kauai and Maui, Hawaii
• Washington, DC
• New York City, New York
• Phoenix, Arizona
• New Orleans, Louisiana
• Vancouver, Canada
• Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida