Andrew & Amy
: Dear Birth Mother, Hello and welcome! We are Amy & Andrew! Thank you for taking the time to read our letter. What a special gift you are bringing into the world. We are excited to adopt a baby. Our 2 and a half year old daughter, Emma is such a blessing, we would be so grateful to have another child. We have so much love to share. We promise to love and care for the baby. We are an open and honest couple. We are easy going and love our family life.
We have more love to share and we promise that this new baby will know and feel our love. He or she would have such a happy and fun life. We love to dance and sing and play. Parenthood is natural to us. It’s a feeling, emotion and an honor to raise a child. They are truly a gift from God.
A closer look at our love story & path to adoption
We met in March 2006 and it was love at first sight. Cheesy, we know! In September of that year, we married. We wrote our wedding vows to one another and to this day we always remember and cherish our love for each other. Five years later, we decided to have a baby. We have always had a strong relationship, but going through fertility treatments made it that much stronger. We would like to expand our family and give the baby all the love and life he or she will ever need. The baby would have a wonderful sister. Emma is a sweet heart. She loves other kids and we know they would have a fun life together.
Together we’ve found a wonderful faith community that has embraced us and supported us through life’s journeys. Emma loves her Sunday School class and all the friends she has met there. Our friends at church can’t wait to welcome our new little one!!
What we love to do
- We’re that family that does everything together… playing in the yard, singing and dancing, traveling to the beach, shopping, chores… We do it all together, making the most of our family.
- We love being outside! Whether it’s going to the beach on a nice day or playing in the snow, we enjoy spending time outdoors together.
- We love to explore, show Emma new things and watch her grow as to what she likes and doesn’t like.
- Andrew likes running, and Amy likes riding her bike, but the best way we keep in shape is chasing Emma! Andrew enjoys fixing and tuning Amy and Emma’s bikes, toys and scooters.
- We enjoy simple things, like going to the playground or the local state parks together.
- We are close to amusement parks, the zoo and the beach which are always a great way to spend the day.
- Amy likes taking pictures and cooking, which works out well because Andrew likes to smile and eat!
Introducing Amy written by Andrew
Amy is my best friend and the best a mother can be. She is the most determined, dedicated and devoted person I’ve ever known. Amy is a fabulous mother. She always starts and finishes her day with Emma, ensuring she is happy.
Amy is the most beautiful person inside and out. Her dedication to family, particularly children, makes her an ideal parent. Amy uses her unique personality to interact and bond, and her natural parenting ability makes her the perfect mother. Amy is an incredibly awesome mom and we are both looking forward to expanding and sharing our family love with another child.
Meet Andrew told by Amy
Andrew’s loyalty attracted me to him. He is a funny guy, smart and honest. He leaves me little notes in the morning. I love finding a note by the coffee pot or in my car, “I love my girls, have a great day!” Andrew always puts Emma and I first. He is so thoughtful of our needs and wants; he will do anything to put a smile on our faces! He is a great dancer. Emma is following in his footsteps, when music plays they both break out into a dance. It is contagious, I even join them! He is my best friend and a wonderful father. We have made our life together full of love and hope. We would provide and share that love with a new baby.
I love cycling, it’s a great way to explore and go fast! I am always taking pictures, it’s how I show my passion for life. I love to cook, it’s one of many ways to bring family together. I love watching football, especially when the Baltimore Ravens win.
I love to run. I completed an Ironman which was a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bicycle ride and a 26.2 mile run! I also love animals! I rescue dogs, cats and even ducks.
We both work nearby, but after work and on weekends it’s all about family time. Our schedules allow flexibility that allows us to take care of family when needed.
Amy is a dedicated government contractor at the Naval base and Andrew enjoys his career as a Safety Manager for a national company.
Amy’s parents “Nana and Pop Pop” live 10 minutes away. They absolutely adore children. Nana worked with kids for 20 years, she takes care of Emma during the day while we are at work. When we pick up Emma from Nana’s we are presented with artwork that Emma created that day. We have a special book and frames full of her art work. Nana and Pop Pop cannot wait for another grandchild!
Meet Emma, Our Families & Home
A little about our loving families
- My childhood was filled with loving parents and a sister who I am very close to. My dad was in the Navy and we moved a lot – every three years. I got to live in Hawaii, Guam and even Japan. I was always adventurous and was willing to try new things. Moving around made me a strong person since I was always the new student at school. In high school, I was on the varsity tennis team. My love of tennis started in Hawaii since there was a tennis court behind our back yard. My sister and her family now live in New Jersey but she is always just a phone call away! We see each other every few months. She has a 16 year old daughter and a 9 year old son whom are both awesome cousins to Emma. They both cannot wait for another cousin!
- My childhood was spent in our local community and I often share my memories of how the area has changed and developed over the years. I spent most of my childhood playing football in the Pig Skin Leagues and later in High School. My dad was a firefighter, and at the age of 16, I followed in my father’s footsteps by becoming a Fireman. My father is not only my dad, but my mentor and best friend. I learned early in life how important having a strong family bond is and cannot wait to share this with our children.
The place we call home sweet home
We love our home and family friendly community! We designed and personalized it from the colors to the high ceilings. Our home is us! It is full of our life together. There are pictures of our family and room for kids to run and play! We live in a private, wooded area with only a few neighbors who we are very close to. We only need to step out our backdoor to enjoy wooded nature or to watch the wildlife.
Meet Emma, future big sister
She loves animals, especially horses.
We read books to her all the time and now she’s been ‘reading’ to us.
Swimming and playing on the playground is at the top of her list of things to do in the summer.
Her favorite characters are Minnie Mouse and Snoopy.
She makes us laugh and smile. She is quiet the comedian
She would be the greatest big sister!
Animals are big in our family!
We would rescue all the animals that are in need if we could! We had two great dogs; they brought many years of fun and love to us. We now have two cuddly cats, De De and Felix. Our newest additions are our ducks, Daisy and Donald. Daisy was a wild duck, who was found in a parking lot with a broken wing and shattered shoulder. We got her fixed up, but she can no longer fly. So, we got her a friend and they are two lucky ducks!
Thank you so much!
Thank you for your time in reading about our family and considering us as adoptive parents. We wish you the very best in your journey. Adoption is a gift that will always be held close to our hearts.
“WE LOVE LIFE, NOT BECAUSE WE ARE USED TO LIVING BUT BECAUSE WE ARE USED TO LOVING. WE KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD’S LIFE, AND SO WILL WE.”