Brandon & Marianne
Hello! We are Brandon and Marianne
We are honored that you are reading this and invite you to get to know us! We are a married Christian couple who are so very grateful that you’re seeking a loving family to raise and nurture your child.
While we could never imagine what you may be feeling right now, we admire your love and courage, and are praying for your peace as you make this decision.
We have always dreamed about expanding our family and though we are not able to have a child biologically, we feel that our hearts are filled with the desire to be parents. Our hope is that you will feel the love we have for each other and the love we have to share with any little one who comes into our lives through the beautiful gift of adoption.
This is Us :: by Marianne ::
We first met during undergrad at the University of California, San Diego. We both attended a Christian fellowship event and I immediately took notice of Brandon’s boyish charm (and bleached hair tips). I wouldn’t say there was an instant attraction, but we did develop a friendship through instant messaging and since he was a computer geek I would constantly ask him for computer help.
It wasn’t until 3 years later, when I started to see Brandon differently. I grew attracted to his selflessness and gentle spirit. As for him? Those feelings were not exactly reciprocated… not at first. See, he was so focused on finding a job post graduation, that he was just interested in a friendship.
So we continued to hangout regularly: playing card games, going to the beach, playing softball, watching movies, and grabbing boba drinks. Then, according to Brandon, after 2 years, he realized his feelings for me had grown beyond just friendship. So with this change of heart, the next chapter of our story began…
We love …
● Spending the day at The Happiest Place on Earth — Disneyland!
● Watching blockbuster movies on opening weekend (especially all the Marvel/Disney movies).
● Taking mini road trips to Los Angeles and San Francisco to visit our extended families.
● Exploring San Diego’s numerous hiking trails with our cousins, their kids, and our dog, Riley.
● Going to the farmers markets on Saturday mornings for the crepes and homemade tamales.
Our Passport …
● Most Epic Adventure: 2012 London Olympics (Our honeymoon!) It was such an exciting atmosphere and a we were so proud to represent and cheer for USA!
● Most Frequently Visited Country: Hong Kong, China. Marianne’s relatives live in Hong Kong, and we always have a wonderful time trying all the street foods and shopping.
● Favorite Vacation Spot: Hawaiian Islands. We love relaxing on the beach, kayaking, snorkeling, and enjoying all the delicious food the islands have to offer.
About Brandon :: by Marianne ::
Brandon is everyone’s favorite person (just ask my family and friends)!! He is a kind and patient man who is hardworking, and humble. Day in and day out he works tirelessly to provide for our family, and I admire how he never complains. As an engineer, he is always problem-solving. This makes him the perfect handyman around the house! He fixes our cars, builds computers, and works in the yard.
What I love most is how supportive he is of my creative endeavors. His drive to succeed inspires me to pursue my passions and never give up.
When I see him interact with our nieces, nephew, and cousin’s children, my heart overflows because it gives me a glimpse of what an amazing father he will be. Kids gravitate towards Brandon because of his playful and gentle demeanor. He shows his love through interaction and buying ice cream. The kicker? He never turns down a ride on the shoulder or piggyback. Brandon is a human jungle gym! I can’t wait to witness Brandon become a father!
● Foods: Black Forest Cake + Steak
● Movies: Marvel Movies
● TV Show: Silicon Valley
● Bay Area Sport Teams: the Golden State Warriors and the San Francisco Giants.
● I’m the oldest of 4
● I’m a Valentine’s Baby. My mom held me in so that I wouldn’t be born on Friday, the 13th.
● I’m a TECHIE! I was a part of my high school first Robotics team.
● I currently work on lasers and drones.
About Marianne :: by Brandon ::
People are drawn to Marianne’s magnetic personality and her creative thoughtfulness. She’s often gifting her time and energy into something that’s personal.
Everyone wants to be around Marianne because she’s the most entertaining storyteller. Her lively personality is balanced out by her genuine warmth. She is very good at reading emotions, empathizing with others, and having the right words to say.
Marianne’s fun and youthful spirit makes her a popular playmate amongst our nieces, nephew, and cousins’ kids. She is always up-to-date with the latest trends so she is able to relate to kids — whether it be a cartoon or the newest hit song.
Through her creative mind your child will grow up appreciating and seeing the beauty of this world. She will encourage your child be who they are and lovingly nurture their uniqueness, which is why I think she would make the most amazing mother.
● Foods: Frozen Yogurt and Soup Noodles
● Sport: Swimming (I love the thrill and competitiveness of being on a swim team)
● TV Show: This is Us
● I’m a Middle Child
● I enjoy concerts (Top 3: JT, Taylor Swift, Lifehouse)
● I’ve been a Disney Passholder for 5 years (Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain)
● I was a contestant on Ellen Degeneres’ game show.
Our Friends and Family
Riley is our 6-year-old gentle giant that we rescued from a local shelter. He gets excited about his daily walks around the neighborhood and when Brandon comes home from work. He enjoys hiking at our local lake and running wild at the dog beaches. Don’t let his size deceive you because deep down he is a very sweet boy who is GREAT with kids. Kids love to play with his signature white tip “paintbrush” tail and make him perform tricks.
Holidays and Traditions with the Family
We are surrounded by the love and support of our immediate families and fortunate that they live a short drive/ flight away. Since we both have large extended families, we alternate our Christmas and Thanksgiving celebrations. These gatherings are typically filled with potluck-style dinners and many children running around (about 20 little cousins and counting).
Marianne’s brother, Esmond and wife, Jenny are great parents and role models for us. They live close to us and seeing them is a weekly occurrence. Our niece, Allison is the best big sister to her siblings Joshua and Joanna. Their community has many playgrounds, swimming pools, and holiday festivals that are perfect for the kids.
We can’t wait for our newest addition to join our LOVING and SUPPORTIVE family.
Our Home and Closing Thoughts
Home and Community
We live in a diverse community and have access to beaches, parks, and nearly 70 degree weather all year long.
We live in a 4 bedroom house with a big backyard and a hill with a playset on top.
● Over 12 Local Parks, Playgrounds, Community Centers
● Beaches, Lakes, Water Parks, Family Friendly Trails
● Sea World, Legoland, San Diego Wild Animal Park + Zoo
● No. 1 School District in San Diego
● Kids Museums and Boys & Girls Club
Our Promise to You
Although we cannot begin to understand what you must be going through, we thank you for taking the time to read our story and our hopes for growing our family.
We promise to love and embrace all aspects of your child, from their cultural heritage to their personal interests and goals. They will be raised with values such as honesty, humility, diligence, and patience. We will work hard to provide the best for them: from their day to day life, to their education, and opportunities to explore.
We look forward to creating unique experiences, traveling the world, and making lasting memories with them. We promise to love them unconditionally, support their decisions wholeheartedly, and encourage them to pursue their dreams joyfully.
And more than anything, we commit to providing them with the brightest future possible and to making sure they feel loved and secure about who they are.
We promise to share our story and continue to spread the word about the gift of adoption.
Brandon + Marianne