Dan & Channon
Dan and Channon
We are so grateful that you have chosen the path of adoption. We know you are facing a difficult and loving decision in your life. We want to let you know that we admire your selfless courage, and we have the utmost respect for you and the decision you have made. We think you are a strong and amazing person and we look forward to meeting you as you feel more comfortable.
We are beyond excited for the opportunity to grow our family through adoption. We hope this profile gives you a window into our lives and our dream of becoming parents. We are happy to answer any questions you may have!
We met through mutual friends in Hawaii. Channon was studying at University of Hawaii at Manoa, and Dan was stationed in Honolulu with the Air Force. Channon’s warm smile and caring heart had Dan hooked at first sight. If Dan knew Channon liked anything, he would go out his way to make it happen. Channon knew Dan was special!
We found both of us love cooking, outdoors, travel and movies. We have been there for each other since the day we met as best friends and adventure partners.
A few things we love to do!
• We love to travel and explore new places with our family and friends. Our favorite destination is national parks all over the country. We make sure to take a trip to one national park each year. We plan to continue this tradition as we move forward expanding our family.
• We are complete foodies! We love cooking, trying out new recipes and new places to eat. We have an international palate, and we eat food from all over the world.
• We love movies, musicals and Broadway shows. We enjoy snuggling to watch movies at home too.
• Our family and friends who have children love when we come over because we enjoy spending time to play with kids.
I started my professional career in the US Air Force as a policeman. My experience and travels have brought me into contact with cultures from the whole country and all over the world. After twenty years, I retired from that and became a civilian police dispatcher. My experience has taught me patience, context and understanding of people and best of all, the ability to listen.
Meet Dan through Channon’s eyes
• Dan will go out of his way to make it happen for me if he knows I like anything. He is always there for me no matter what. He is my best friend and the most wonderful thing that ever happened in my life.
• Dan is the type of person you can count on, any day and any time. He always tells me “everything will be ok”. I have never seen him angry.
• Children adore Dan and he makes all the children feel comfortable. He always has a big loving smile on his face. He plays with kids, watches cartoons with them, and spends time explaining things to them. Children love being around Dan. It is very natural for Dan to love and nurture a child. Dan will be a very good father.
• Dan is very handy and he can fix everything in and outside of the house. He makes sure it is easier for me to do what I like to do. He goes out of his way to make my life comfortable.
• Travel with Dan is so much fun. You will never feel bored being around him.
I am a physician and I love my job. I enjoy listening to my patients to help them take better care of themselves. I meet all kinds of different people in my community. I work in a primary care clinic located 10 minutes away from our house 4 days a week, my regular schedule hours will allow me to spend more time at home with our child.
Meet Channon through Dan’s eyes
• Every day I wake up and am thankful for meeting Channon. She is the most wonderful person I ever met in my life and truly my best friend. I’ve been from one side of this world to the other and back and there isn’t anyone like her!
• Channon is easily one of the kindest and most caring people I ever met, which is one of the many reasons that I fell in love with her on the first sight. She treats everyone with respect. Her patients love her; they come to the clinic and request to be seen only by her, not by other physicians. Her friends love to talk to her and children find her very easy to talk to. She is patient enough to help a child find the right words to express themselves. She only sees the best in people. Her understanding gives me context to understand more about the rest of the world.
• Channon will always make sure we spend as much time with our families and friends as possible. She celebrates old traditions and creates new traditions with our family and friends. She makes our life memorable.
• Channon encourages me and is always so supportive of everything that I do. She makes me the better version of myself. I wish I had met her earlier in my life. I cannot imagine life without her.
Our Home and Family
Home Sweet Home
We live in a 5 bedroom house located at the bottom of the Angeles Mountains, about one hour from the beach and 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. There are plenty of opportunities for fun outdoor activities, museums, live performance and concerts.
We have a very safe neighborhood and great schools. We have a big beautiful backyard with a pool and plenty of space for children to play. We cannot wait to introduce our child to the wonderful community that we call home.
Our Loved Ones
Dan is from a close family with three sisters, one older and two younger. Dan’s family is very artistic. Mom always wanted another grandchild and cannot wait to meet the new addition to the family. We all get together for all of the big holidays and we’ll make plans for vacations and amusement parks as well as trips to the mountains and the beach throughout the year.
Channon is from a loving family of physicians who are very focused and nurturing for education. Channon has two younger sisters, one has a son and the other one has a daughter. Channon’s parents are retired and they want to help us to raise the child.
Our Promise to You
We promise we will always be there to love and support your child throughout their life. We promise they will be raised in a home that embraces unconditional love, support, laughter and adventure.
We will ensure your child receives a good education and learns to be an independent, confident and responsible adult. We look forward to taking your child to museums, national parks, trying new places and exploring the world.
We are so excited to open our home and give our love to your child through the miracle of adoption. We hope that by looking at our photos and reading our story, you find comfort in knowing how much we want to share our lives with your child.
We are committed to giving your baby the best life possible, one filled with opportunities, and support for their dreams. We want to thank you for this incredible opportunity.
Dan and Channon