Elise & Travis
Hello! We are Elise & Travis from LA
Hello! We are Elise & Travis from Louisiana.
We are so thankful for the opportunity to introduce ourselves to you! First we want to say we are so excited about the path that we are on, to build the family that we have been dreaming of. We are now in the perfect position to raise another child. We are really excited about the opportunity to meet you and to hear what you hope for your child. We hope that this glimpse into our lives, into who we are, will help comfort you in your decision. We cannot begin to imagine the decisions you are facing at this time and we are truly humbled and grateful for your consideration. We hope our profile gives you a picture of our life together, our loving relationship, and our dream of becoming parents.
We live very active lives and love anything that builds a great memory or allows us to laugh and enjoy life:
- We love taking trips together, whether it be to foreign locations, or just down the road visiting our families.
- We enjoy cooking with each other, Travis is the real chef of our family!
- We enjoy unwinding and discussing the day’s events with each other after the work day.
- Weekends are our favorite. We love socializing with our large network of supportive friends. It’s our time to recharge for the week.
- We value our quiet time together relaxing whether we’re cooking on the grill, or enjoying a romantic dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.
Our Story, By Elise:
We met by chance at a local restaurant one Tuesday night. Travis struck up a conversation with me and we chatted for hours. He put his number in my phone and asked me to go to dinner with him. I was impressed by his confidence and outgoing personality. From that night on, we were together. Shortly after we began dating, Travis moved to New Orleans. I visited him on most weekends. We explored the city together and loved to do it all: restaurants, museums, shops, galleries, festivals, parks, and concerts. We both love to travel so we decided that instead of giving one another Christmas gifts, we would go on a vacation together every summer. We have ventured together to San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Moab, Utah. After dating for three wonderful years, we decided to tie the knot. We had a fairy tale wedding in New Orleans. It was exactly what I had always dreamed of as a little girl. After our wedding, we had a fabulous honeymoon in Spain. Married life has been wonderful for us. The most exciting chapter of our lives has been parenthood! We are looking forward to experiencing parenthood again and falling in love with our little bundle of joy!
Destined To Be Together:
- Our grandmothers, both in their 90s, started the first grade together and remain friends to this day!
- Our families attend the same church.
- Elise’s brother and Travis’ sister were friends in high school.
- Travis’ parents and grandparents are customers of Elise’s dad.
- We grew up about 1 mile from one another.
- Both of our parents have been married for over 40 years!
Meet Travis, by Elise: I fell in love with Travis for his witty sense of humor, big personality, and even bigger heart.
A Few Fun Facts About Travis:
- Loves to play golf! He is active in a golf league that often plays in tournaments.
- Is an award winning barbecue cook.
- Is a singer. He sang in a cover band for almost 20 years.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology.
- Is a Project Manager for an engineering company.
- Is a godfather to 4 children.
- Is a huge sports fan! From football to baseball, basketball, and golf- he knows all the teams and players.
- Has an outgoing personality. He never meets a stranger.
- Wrote, recorded, and copyrighted a song as a Christmas gift for his parents last year.
A Few Words From Travis: I can’t wait to share my love of sports with our child. I want to coach t-ball teams, bring him/her to the golf course with me, and take my children to sporting events. Above all, I am looking forward to raising a lifelong die-hard Saints fan!
A Look At Elise, by Travis: I immediately noticed Elise’s loving and compassionate personality. Her inner beauty compliments her outer beauty. She has a great personality and is a joy to be around. I knew right away that she was the woman for me.
Fun Facts About Elise:
- Loves being a teacher! She currently teaches PreK, but has also taught 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades.
- Was her school’s 2015 Teacher of the Year.
- Likes to volunteer with several charitable organizations.
- Has a brother who has 3 children. His youngest was adopted.Our family has already been blessed by adoption!
- She is still very active with the alumnae group of her college sorority
- Has two master’s degrees in education.
- Loves to travel and go on adventures! She has been all over the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, the Bahamas, England, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Holland, and Germany.
- Is a godmother to her best friend’s son.
- Is always looking for new healthy recipes to try out!
- Was a pageant queen and is now a pageant director.
A Few Words From Elise: I can’t wait to begin making memories with our children. I’m most looking forward to bringing him or her to my parents’ lake house and having relaxing summers spent on the lake. I also am excited to be fortunate enough that I will be able to bring my children to work with me from kindergarten through fifth grade.
Our Loving Families
Meet Big Brother Banks: Banks is a year and a half, full of energy, and ready for his lifelong best friend! Becoming parents has brought so much joy to our lives. Banks loves to run and play in our big back yard, read books, dance, play with play doh, and color. We can’t wait to give him a brother or sister to love.
Our Loved Ones: We devote every Sunday to our family. Aunts, uncles, and cousins gather at Elise’s grandmother’s house to eat lunch that she prepares. In the afternoon we visit Travis’s parents and Elise’s aunt. Although we have a charming 3 bedroom home in a nice subdivision, we are looking forward to building our forever home on 4 acres of family land surrounded by my parents, cousins, aunts and uncles.
Our Promises to Our Future Child:
- We will spend lots of time with you!
- You will be raised to care about people and to treat everyone with respect.
- You will know the value of hard work, dedication and determination.
- We will start a college fund for you when you are born.
- You will be raised surrounded by family.
- We will support your passions – whether you choose to take piano lessons, be involved in sports or be in a play.
- You will get a good education.
- We will take you on many vacations and share with you our love for adventure, the earth, and how people live in other places.
- You will be loved unconditionally.
Our Home and Closing Thoughts
Home Sweet Home: We are so fortunate to live in a community where we are surrounded by both of our families. Both of us grew up playing in the field on family land with all of our cousins, and we want our children to have that same childhood experience. Our community has some of the highest performing schools in our state. Education is very important to us, our families, and our community. We both take pride in being college graduates and will make sure that our children have the proper education and financial resources to pursue whatever career path they choose after high school.
Our Dreams and Hopes: Although married life married life and parenthood is a dream come true, we have one piece missing. We are looking forward to growing our family. We want children to love and take care of. We want to raise children who are best friends. We want little girls to take to dance practice, gymnastics, and pageants or little boys to take to baseball games or golfing. We want kids to play with, bring to school, on vacation, tailgating, and go fishing and swimming at our family’s lake house. We can’t wait to do art projects, bake cookies, go to the zoo, museums, go to the park, and have playdates with cousins and friend’s children. Elise looks forward to spending all summer at home making memories with the kids. Making memories with loved ones is what we live for! We can offer a stable and loving home, support of our family and friends, and an overabundance of love to give to our future child. We are yearning to make the lifelong commitment to raising children. Being parents to another child would complete our life!
Thank You! We are very thankful that you have taken the time to view our profile. We hope it has helped you to get to know us a little better. We already have tremendous love in our hearts for your child and we promise to love, protect, and support your child unconditionally, forever. Should we be blessed to be chosen by you, rest assured that your child will always know his/her adoption story and that we will be forever grateful for the priceless gift of life and love you gave. We wish you strength, courage, and peace as you make this important decision. We would be honored if we turn out to be the fit for you!