Hello from Ellen in CA!
Dear Birth Mom: I’m grateful you are taking the time to get to know me! I admire your strength and courage in making a choice that I imagine has not been easy. My hope and prayer for you is that you will find comfort as you walk forward knowing I will love, care and support your child with all of my heart.
When I think about becoming a parent through adoption I am really excited, because I’ve longed to be a mom for a long time. I can’t wait to share my life and my world with your little one to nurture, encourage and help grow into the person they were meant to be…with lots of love and fun along the way!
A Little Bit About Me: I was blessed to be raised by a single mom who made sure I knew she always loved me. Because I was a curious child, my mom let me ask questions and helped me understand the “whys” and “hows” of things, which I still appreciate to this day. My mother taught me the importance of treating others with care, kindness and generosity. In addition, she gave me space to engage in activities I enjoyed like dance, singing, and participate in activities with my youth group. I too want to give space to my future child to ask questions, help them cultivate a loving heart and give them opportunities to be involved in activities that are important to them.
WHEN IT COMES TO ACTIVITIES, I LIKE LOTS OF DIFFERENT THINGS!
Because I value having balance in my life, I like being active, but I also like doing things that are restful and relaxing. Here are some of the things I enjoy:
• Spending quality time with friends & family
• Being in the beauty of the outdoors – walking, going to the beach, kayaking or hiking
• Exploring – discovering new places, foods and culture, the Arts – going to movies, plays, musicals and concerts
• Being at home – cooking, reading, playing board games, watching a good TV show
• Using my creativity – drawing, designing, dancing, or making lotions and bath products
• Heading to nearby activities and events in L.A., Orange County and San Diego -museums, the farmer’s market and cultural experiences
• Giving time to serve those in need
My Plans and Dreams as a Mom: I’VE ALWAYS ENJOYED KIDS OF ALL AGES -BABIES, CHILDREN AND EVEN TEENAGERS! I’ve had a lot of experience working with kids in all these stages through my previous work as a nanny, a youth pastor and a teacher. I’ve also been an “auntie” and am a godmother to some of my close friends’ children.
I believe in helping and supporting children as they learn and grow, so I’m excited to be involved in my child’s development through all the phases of their life.
Here are a few ways I’ll do this…
• when they’re a baby, I’ll tenderly hold them and sing them songs
• when they’re a toddler, I’ll let them snuggle up as I read them a story
• when they’re in elementary school, I’ll encourage them to explore their talents and hobbies
• when they’re a teenager, I’ll be a supportive guide
• when they’re a young adult, I’ll be an attentive listener
• through all these stages and beyond, I will pray for them and encourage them to become all they were created to be
A Closer Look
My Career: I work for an amazing organization providing resources and care for Christian leaders and their families. Since the organization I work for is worldwide, every few years I get to travel to a different state or country, and the children of our staff get to participate in fun activities and also have time to form friendships with one another –many which last a lifetime! One thing I appreciate about my job is having an office at home and making my own schedule – giving me more flexibility to meet the needs of my child.
My Home and Community: I live in a beautiful, safe and ethnically diverse neighborhood in Southern California about 20 minutes from the beach, close to the mountains and near many other fun and nearby activities, including one of my favorite places –Disneyland! My home has a warm, cozy and happy atmosphere, which is really important to me.
I have friendly neighbors, good friends and excellent schools within walking distance. Across the street is a park with a huge amount of trees, a brand new playground, a rollerblading rink and lots of grass for kids to run and play on. (There’s another park a block away as well!) I love where I live and it’s a great place to raise a little one.
Meet the People I Love
I have great extended family not too far from where I live, and I have amazing friends who are just like family to me. Therefore, your child will have lots of “grandparents,” “aunts,” “uncles” and “cousins.”
Some live close by in California, several live in the Washington, D.C. area, where I used to live, and some live in other states & countries. This means we will travel for fun visits! Many people in my life are excited for me to become a mom through adoption.
My Friends and Family Say: “Ellen is one of the most sensitive, loving, wise, and giving people I have ever known. She will give her whole heart and soul to her role as a mother and will be a tremendous gift to any child blessed enough to be adopted by her.” ~Ansley
“Our family has been deeply touched by the ways in which Ellen has cared for our own adopted daughter, who absolutely adores Ellen. She takes the time to get to know kids with intentionality, care and compassion.” ~Jenni
“Ellen is a faithful, loyal friend. She takes commitments seriously and is a good listener.” ~Amy & Jurand
“Honestly, Ellen is extraordinary. – Beautiful, fun, smart, hip, caring and faithful to God.” ~Laura
“To be with Ellen is to feel loved and known. This translates to children as well. Her loving nature immediately comes across whether she is cuddling a new born, playing with a toddler or hanging out with an older child she makes them feel immediately safe, accepted and understood.” ~Melanie
My Commitment To You, I Commit To:
• Love your child with all my heart
• Provide a deep sense of safety & stability
• Treat your child with kindness
• Teach them how to have solid and healthy relationships
• Let your child try new things and explore new places
• Nurture your child’s gifts & abilities
• Provide someone to laugh with and a shoulder to cry on
• Listen to them with an open heart and mind
• Be their loudest “cheerleader”
• Ensure your child understands that your decision to adopt shows how much you love and care for him/her
My Heartfelt Thank You: THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to get to know me! I pray you have wisdom and clarity as you courageously select the right parent for your little one.
I want you to know that I am wholeheartedly committed to providing your child with love, acceptance and value, as well as an environment where they can flourish.