Jonathan & Julian
Hello Birth Mom
We are Julian & Jonathan from Los Angeles, California. We admire bravery and you’re the bravest person we’ve never met. You’re a literal superhero, cape and all, standing tall on the world’s tallest building.
Thank you for rescuing us. You’ve made our dreams possible. We’re beyond grateful that you’re considering us as adoptive parents. We’ve always dreamed of starting a family and raising our child to experience the love, warmth and joy that the world has to offer. We can tell them that this was all possible because of the bravery of one person. One superhero… you!
A Little About Us: It all started with a donut. Jonathan has a popular food blog and he posted a photo on Instagram of chocolate peanut butter donuts he had baked. Julian was hooked as soon as he scrolled by — he left a comment asking how he could get his hands on them. It turned into a first date, and since then, they have been inseparable.
Surrounded by our close friends and family, we were engaged on our favorite holiday — Halloween. Julian dressed up as a lifeguard, Jonathan dressed up as a shark attack victim and our cat, Napoleon, dressed up as the shark (he was a little too big for the costume but it wasn’t his fault). We were married two years later in a little church in Pasadena, California.
Things That Make Us Happy:
- Bike Rides – Long bike rides around our neighborhood
- The Beach – Sunday drives to the beach for a picnic — and a dog that likes to play in the waves!
- Game Night – Family game night
- Cooking – Cooking together. It doesn’t matter what we make as long as we’re doing it together
- Donuts – Baking donuts whenever we feel like it
- Travel – We can’t wait to take our child on our annual trips to Hawaii and Paris so we can experience these places together
I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and was raised by my hard-working mother and two older sisters. My sisters really helped shape me into the person I am today. My grandparents immigrated to the United States from Nicaragua (a small country in Central America), and they are a true testament of what you can achieve if you never stop dreaming. I love to make Nicaraguan recipes.
I am a food photographer and cookbook author. I cook and bake all day for a living, and I can’t wait to be able to get in the kitchen with our future child. Working from home and for myself, I am lucky to have flexibility with my schedule. Two years ago, I became an uncle and I was very fortunate to be asked to take care of my nephew, Noah, when my sister returned to work. I wouldn’t trade my experience of helping to raise Noah because it prepared me to be a loving father for our future child.
“Jonathan will give our future child the world and make sure they get to experience everything life has to offer — from late-night cookies when they’re feeling down to building a fort and pretending to be king for a day.”
Fun Facts About Jonathan:
- Fluent in three languages: English, Spanish and Italian
- Has a popular food blog and Instagram account where he shares his recipes
- His first cookbook was published 3 years ago and is a book all about mini burgers
I grew up with a big family in sunny Southern California. As a kid, my summers were spent eating popsicles, playing hide-and-seek with my grandma and gliding down water slides with my three sisters, who, to this day, are my best friends. They can’t wait to be aunts to our future child.
I am a big baseball fan and still watch games with my dad every Sunday night. I love to write and perform which led me to my job as a Creative Producer. I write, direct and produce commercials for T.V., radio and the internet. My company has great benefits and I get to work from home whenever I want.
More by Jonathan: Julian is the funniest person I’ve ever met. He has a great sense of humor and is always looking to make people laugh. I know he has a gift for it because he makes me laugh every day. He also has a strong work ethic, and his love for his family is unwaivering. I am grateful that our future child will get to experience how incredible he is.
“I know Julian will make the best dad because of his fun-loving nature, which comes out whenever we’re with our nieces and nephews. He’ll be the “cool” dad because everyone just loves him so much.”
Fun Facts About Julian:
- Loves to garden — he plants cacti, succulents, palm trees and vegetables and he can’t wait to share his love of gardening
- Takes his dad on trips around the country to visit new baseball stadiums every year
- Is obsessed with Star Wars and space! When he was kid, he would pretend he was an astronaut
Our Home & Community
We live in Pasadena, a suburb of Los Angeles. Our home has 2 bedrooms, with an abundance of natural light, so much room to play in, and the smell of delicious foods permeating from room-to-room. Pasadena is a quiet city with lots of families and amazing schools, we even have one of the highest rated school districts in the country. We live nearby several parks and the city has plenty of museums nearby with beautiful paintings and fun activities for all ages. We enjoy riding our bikes on the weekend and walking around the botanical gardens.
Our Pets: We rescued our cat, Napoleon when he was a kitten. He’s a Russian Blue, and sometimes when the light hits him you’d swear his fur really is blue. He loves sunbathing by the window and sitting on people’s laps. If you sit down, you can guarantee Napoleon will jump up on your lap within minutes.
We rescued our dog, Charlemagne at a shelter when he was a year. He’s a terrier mix and has the greatest under bite you’ll ever see, we couldn’t resist bringing him home. His favorite thing to do is to lie down next to Napoleon wherever he is. They both get along so well and are great with people and kids.
Our Loved Ones
Jonathan’s Family: Jonathan’s mom, Janina, and sister Nicole, live nearby. His mom has worked for the Disney Company for the last 30 years, and can’t wait to take her future grandchild to Disneyland. Jonathan’s older sister, Jennifer, is a school teacher and lives about 15 minutes away, with her husband and their 2-year-old son, Noah. We see each other several times a week, and have a weekly Family Potluck on Wednesdays where everyone makes a dish and we catch up on the past week!
Julian’s Family: Julian comes from a big family. His parents live less than an hour away and live in the same house Julian grew up in. His sister Raquel lives less than 5 minutes away with her kids, Beth and Jackson. She’s a teacher and she loves kids. Julian’s sister, Vanessa, lives close by, as well. She has three kids, including twins named Violet and Sawyer who can’t wait to play soccer with their new cousin. Finally, there’s Candice and her son, who we call Baby Joe Joe who loves to play hide-and-seek.
- We make Nicaraguan tamales every year for Christmas
- We always dress up in a couple’s costume for Halloween
- On the 4th of July, we go to the beach, BBQ, and watch the fireworks from the Pasadena Rose Bowl
- For Thanksgiving, Jonathan cooks the turkey and everyone else makes a side
- For birthdays, we like to go all out! We hang decorations, eat delicious food, open presents, and watch our favorite movies
Our Commitment to You:
- We will show your child the world — with new languages, exciting foods and adventurous travel to fun and beautiful places!
- We will make sure no mistake is too big and no success too small
- We will promise that they will have the best education available and we will strive to nurture their creative spirit and their dreams to make sure they live the life they’ve always wanted
- We will always remind them of where they came from to empower them on their life journey
- We will love them unconditionally and give them the world that they so rightfully deserve!