Liz and Eder
Dear Birth Mother
Hello! We are Liz and Eder from Los Angeles, California!
Thank you for reading our profile and considering us as the adoptive parents for your baby. Your strength and courage are admirable and your love for your baby is apparent. We have dreamed about this moment to adopt for what seems to be forever, and we are lucky to now be in a position to make that dream a reality. We always knew that adoption was going to be a part of how we build our family. Adoption was not a decision we had to make; it is the natural next step that was already planned for our future. We believe that unconditional love, honesty and trust is what makes a family, a family. We would consider ourselves the luckiest parents in the world if we were chosen as the adoptive parents for your baby.
We realize how hard and important this decision is for you. We can’t imagine what you are going through. No matter what you decide, please know in your heart that you are doing what is best for your child and that’s the most self-less act one can make.
We would be so honored and blessed to parent your child. I hope you find some comfort in knowing that we promise to raise your child with love, compassion and honesty. Your child will always know how much you love them and how hard you worked to find the perfect family. Your child will know that they are the most special gift to us.
Your child will be:
- Loved unconditionally
- Encouraged to explore their gifts and talents and to do what they love
- Taught compassion and kindness
- Empowered to be self-confident, pursue their goals, and to stand-up for what they believe
- Knowledgeable about where they came from and their culture
~ Liz and Eder
We were close friends for 5 years before we ever started dating. Through our friendship, we learned that we had a lot in common and enjoyed doing a lot of the same things. We also learned that we complemented each other very well. As we spent more and more time together, we became inseparable. We enjoyed (and still do!) camping, museums and art galleries, movies, theater, shopping at flea markets and and eating.
Eder waited for Liz’s parents to visit before he proposed to her. He wanted her parents to be a part of the special moment that they waited so long for! We finally tied the knot in Malibu, California with our closest family and friends. Our commitment and love for each other is stronger than we could have ever imagined – we have spent more than half of our lives together growing, learning from each other, motivating each other, advocating for each other, laughing, crying and loving each other.
What We Love to do Together:
- Try new restaurants and food
- Travel (explore cultures, architecture and geography)
- Visit museums
- Go for long hikes
- Chill and watch a movie, documentary or TV show
- BBQ in our backyard
- Volunteer at a pet shelter or for another cause we’re passionate about
I was born in Seoul, S. Korea. My father was in the military which required our family to move around a lot and I spent my childhood and teen years in Seoul. I have one older brother, Sung, who lives less than 30 minutes away and we are very close.
For the past 15 years I have worked at a wonderful non-profit organization that supports homeless and underserved individuals with resources needed to obtain employment and become self-sufficient. I love my job and the people I work with. I started as an assistant and have grown into my current role as a Director. I’ve built a strong team which now gives me more flexibility with my schedule and allows me to work remotely, which will come in handy when it comes time to bring the new baby home!
During my free time, I love to experiment with dessert recipes (I have such a sweet tooth!) I am famous for my banana pudding, a recipe that was passed down to me from my dad.
- My favorite food is basically any dessert. I love cake and ice cream (together).
- I love all different genres of music. I love Beyonce, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Jay Z, Nirvana, Maroon 5…
- I love to read memoirs and biographies. Some of my favorite books include: Becoming, Steve Jobs, A Piece of Cake and Educated.
- My guilty pleasure is watching TV! Right now, my favorite shows are Schitt’s Creek and The Office.
- I absolutely love to go see musical theater – it’s in my top 3 favorite things to do! My favorite shows are Wicked, Rent, the Book of Mormon and Hamilton.
I was born in Guatemala and moved to Los Angeles when I was 10 years old. I was raised by my grandfather and aunt. My aunt, Veronica, and I are extremely close. She lives less than 10-minutes away from us and is the caretaker and back bone of our family. She cannot wait for us to bring home our baby so she can be a grandmom. I have several brothers and sisters from my biological parents. Some of them live nearby in Los Angeles, while the others live in Chicago.
I am self-employed and so fortunate to get paid to do what I love which is art. I’m an artist and designer, and for work I get to make people’s vision come to life. I work with museums, art galleries, fashion designers, and stadiums to name a few. What I love most about my job is that no two days or projects are ever the same and I actually get to do what I’m great at which is being creative. I create art through paintings, photography, or graphic design.
- During my free time to I love to create art through many different forms of media, such as paint, drawings, photography, graphic design, and collage. I also love to go to art openings and conferences.
- Outside of art, I love to travel and explore different cultures.
- My favorite food is basically anything that my aunt, Veronica, cooks especially Guatemalan food.
- I love all types of music. What I listen to really depends on my mood.
- Most of the books I read are related to art, design and photography.
- My favorite TV shows are The Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.
We have a large, close-knit family.
Eder – I have 6 brothers and sisters. Half of them live nearby in Los Angeles while the other 3 live in Chicago. I also have 12 nieces and nephews.
Liz – I have one older brother, Sung, who lives in Los Angeles and no nieces or nephews on her side of the family. My parents and brother are eager and excited for us to have our first child so they can finally be grandparents and an uncle.
We are also very close to our extended families, who we spend the holidays with. Thanksgiving and Christmas are always a big deal with our families. We get together every year at Eder’s aunt, Veronica’s house for a potluck dinner. Liz is always in charge of bringing the mac & cheese, banana pudding and cornbread.
We also travel to Texas, where Liz’s dad was born and raised, each year during the summer for our family reunion. It’s a big event that spans 3 days with about 150 people. There is always a lot of dancing (dance competitions), food, family history lessons, tours and storytelling.
Additionally, we hold an annual “Family and Friends Cook-Off” in Nevada where a lot of Liz’s cousins, aunts and uncles live. It always takes place at a park where we have a large BBQ. We play a lot of games, raffle off prizes, have water balloon fights, bouncy houses and a whole lot fun!
About our Dog, Miso
Miso is our rescue dog! She is about 10 years old. Miso is very gentle with kids no matter how excited they are when they approach her. Kids seem to really love her, and she loves them back because all they want to do is pet her and play! Her favorite things to do are cuddle, eat, and go for long walks or hikes. She is a registered emotional support dog so we are able to take her with us wherever we go. She will make a great fur companion to your child!