Dear Birth Mother
Hi There! I am Louanne from California! I am so very happy to meet you. I would like to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to learn more about me and my family.
Let me start by saying, I understand that this must be an incredibly difficult time. I truly admire your strength and realize you have choices. This choice is not always an easy one and I want it to be right for you.
As for me, I am unable to have children biologically, so I am grateful to be able to start my family through the gift of adoption.
I was raised by a wonderful, caring single mother who taught me to be strong and independent. I believe the strength instilled in me by my mother gave me the drive to become a doctor and to feel confident in my decision to adopt as a single parent. I loved my childhood and can’t wait to pass that love of life on to a child.
Please know that I am here to support you and help in any way that I can.
With love and gratitude,
My Career: I am a doctor and can’t wait to start a family! I work as a pediatric and adult Allergist and Immunologist, which I love. It brings me great joy to work with children and to help others. I treat patients with all types of allergies, asthma and immune system disorders. I work part time so have plenty of time to spend with a child or children (I would love more than one).
My Childhood: I grew up in Escanaba, Michigan; which is a small town on Lake Michigan. I was an adventurous child and loved being outside, riding my bike, going to the beach, dancing, and being with my friends. I still enjoy all of these things!
My Travels: My adventurous spirit continued into adulthood. I have traveled to over 15 countries and love to read, learn about different cultures, and explore. I am excited to share these things with a child! Some of my favorite travel experiences include visiting Egypt, Greece, Kenya, Indonesia and Bora Bora. I would love to take my future child to Disneyland, the Grand Canyon, Mexico, and Europe.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I love dogs and hope to have one in the future!
- I love to sing but have a horrible voice.
- Shopping is one of my favorite past times. Finding a cute outfit makes me really happy!
- I broke my arm doing gymnastics in high school.
- I fainted in medical school.
Meet my Family
My Home: I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My house is located in San Carlos, which is a beautiful suburb south of San Francisco. It is a wonderful place for families with children. My home is bright and filled with sunlight. There is a yard with flowers and trees; and plenty of room for playing, sandboxes, and trampolines. I have a small basketball court on the side of the house and a park on the same block. My home has a play room, three bedrooms, and a large open kitchen. I am truly excited to bring a child into this happy place!
Top 10 Things I Would Love to Do with a Child in the City of San Francisco:
- Ride bikes in Golden Gate park.
- Go to the Exploratorium.
- Visit the interactive exhibits at the National Science Museum.
- Spend an afternoon at the Aquarium.
- Go to the Dolores Park playground.
- Visit the sea lions at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Do projects at the art and pottery studio in my neighborhood.
- Ride the paddle boats in Stow Lake.
- Go to Ocean Beach.
- Picnic in the park and walk to Smitten Ice Cream.
Some of the Weekend Trips I Would Love to Do with a Child:
- Rent a RV and drive to the Grand Canyon.
- Spend weekends at Lake Tahoe.
- Camp in Yosemite National Park.
- Visit friends in New York, Michigan and Los Angeles.
- Go to Disneyland!
Thoughts from Others – The best way to learn about me is through my family and friends.
When I asked them to describe me, here is what they said:
- “Outgoing, compassionate, down to earth, and caring with a big heart; generous, adventurous, always willing to help others, with a great sense of humor”. ~ Suzanne (my sweet sister)
- “Louanne appreciates everything that life has to offer. She is adventurous and a ton of fun. She is simply beautiful inside and out”. ~ Rox (great friend since medical school)
- “Louanne is loyal, smart, funny, confident, competent, adventurous, loving, generous and thoughtful” ~ Laurie (my best friend since grade school)
- “She’s so cute, sweet, kind, generous, smart, and always showers us with gifts” ~ Mady (my friend Jen’s daughter)
Meet My Family
My family still lives in the Midwest but moved from Michigan to Green Bay, Wisconsin. I love the Midwest and travel to see my family every few months. My mother, Bev, is beyond excited about the possibility of another grandchild. My older sister, Suzanne, has two children – Abby and Austin, who I adore. I am very close to both of them and they are thrilled to welcome a new cousin into the family.
My friends and family are a huge part of my life. They are incredibly supportive, caring, and fun-loving! They support my decision to adopt and I can’t wait to add to the family!
Favorite Family Traditions: My family is really into the holidays!
- We have a big Christmas celebration, starting on Christmas Eve. We typically do this at my mother’s home. We shop, decorate the tree together, listen to Christmas music, the kids set up a miniature Christmas village, then we open presents, and eat a large home-cooked meal, which we all help prepare. It is my favorite time of year!
- My family spends Fourth of July at my mother’s lake house in Michigan. We play games, walk the family dog (Tucker), roast marshmallows, ride bikes, and take boat rides.
- For Thanksgiving, I travel or have a big meal with my family.
- I can’t wait to celebrate Halloween with a child. I would love to have a children’s Halloween party, with trick or treating, costume contests, and pumpkin carving.
My Promise to You
I want to take a moment to make a commitment to you.
- First, I will always cherish you and honor you in our everyday lives.
- Second, I will put your child first and love them with my whole heart.
- Third, I will do everything I can to nurture the person they are destined to become and help them to be strong and confident in who they are.
- Next, I will teach them to be kind.
- Finally, and above all else, I will protect them.
Things I Absolutely Love:
- Spicy food
- Board games
- The beach
- Warm weather
- Summers in Michigan
- Game nights
Thank You: I am 100% ready for this journey and can’t wait to get started! Words can not express how truly excited I am to adopt a child!! 🙂
It is such an honor to meet you and I can’t wait to see what the future holds! Thank you so much for getting to know me and for considering me as an adoptive parent to your child.
With hope and love,