Matt and Sarah
Hello From Colorado!
Dear Birth Mother,
We feel honored to be a part of your journey and thrilled to be considered as adoptive parents. Please know that if you decide that we are the right family for your child, he/she will join a loving, caring, and diverse family. After discovering that we were unlikely to be able to have biological children, we knew adoption would be part of our life’s story. Providing a loving, supportive, and safe home for a precious child is our promise to you.
Things to know about Sarah and Matt:
- We met at a mannequin fashion design party in New York City.
- We dated long distance (Matt in Colorado and Sarah in New York) for two years.
- In 2015 we got married on a beautiful fall day in Denver, CO.
- Combined, we have traveled to 43 states and 14 countries.
- Our home is always filled with hugs and laughter.
Meet Sarah and Matt
- I wanted to be an animator and work for Disney when I was a kid. In college, I settled on a career in graphic design instead, and I love it! I now own a small business creating wedding and other special event invitations.
- My happy place is the beach. Listening to the waves while I read a book is my idea of a perfect day.
- I am a very loyal person. Matt, my family and friends are my world.
- Art is my passion. I draw and paint in my free time. I can spend hours in art museums and galleries. The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC is my favorite!
- I work one day a week at an art studio assisting kids (ages 2-15) with their art-making.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to play professional basketball. While that never came about, playing college basketball led to my education in Engineering which would lead to my career as a Vice President of Operations.
- I love spending time outside. A hike in the mountains, BBQing, a run around our neighborhood… all make me happy.
- I am a dedicated and hard-working person. I’m always pushing to be the best that I can.
- I regularly golf and attend pro sports games. The Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos are my favorite teams.
- Playing superheroes with our nephew and niece in New York and chasing our nephews in Denver is sure to put a smile on my face.
Daily Life and Adventures
Our Daily Life
- Colorado is known for its rapidly growing cities and many outdoor activities. We love to recharge by getting out into nature, hiking, camping, picnics, and all the Rocky Mountains have to offer, but we also spend a lot of time in downtown Denver catching a Rockies baseball game or art festival.
- On weekends we enjoy working in the yard—planting vegetables and flowers, and hosting family dinners.
- Friday nights at home with pizza and board games are a must!
Our Vacation Adventures
- Family beach vacations! Whether it is Florida, Maryland, or the Caribbean, we always find a week to enjoy the ocean.
- Road trips around the Western U.S. visiting National Parks have become a tradition.
- Camping at a Colorado State park occurs once a year. We look forward to showing our future child the wonders of nature.
- Planning trips outside of the U.S. are our favorite. We’ve traveled to Italy, Croatia, England, Wales, and Spain, and we hope to plan many many more in the future!
Our Home, Cat, and Traditions
We live in a suburb of Denver, CO in a quiet neighborhood near the end of a cul-de-sac. Our home is surrounded by walking trails and backs up to the local middle school. The elementary school and playground are a two minute walk. We are a quick drive away from nature areas, parks, a lake, and tons of family-friendly restaurants. The great Rocky Mountains are only 45 minutes west, and the city of Denver is 25 minutes south.
Ziggy is our morning alarm, and never fails to wake us up each day for breakfast. His favorite time is couch time. He is always looking for a lap to sleep on. Ziggy is an indoor cat, but can sit for hours at the windows watching and meowing at the squirrels, rabbits, and birds outside.
Having family close allows for many traditions. On the 4th of July, we host everyone for a backyard barbecue. We play yard games, and then walk a few blocks to watch the town’s fireworks show. For Halloween, we cook lasagna and have the fam over to eat, carve pumpkins, and watch our nephews trick-or-treat. When the holidays roll around we bake cookies galore and always look forward to the night when we turn on Christmas music and decorate our Christmas tree!
Matt’s parents, Tom and Becky, and 2 younger sisters, Tara and Cassie, all live within 20 minutes of one another. Tara and her husband, Oliver, have two boys, Mason and Benson. Cassie is the youngest sister, and swings by frequently to have dinner with us.
Sarah’s parents, Michael and Donna, live on the coast of North Carolina. We visit them once a year to enjoy some family beach time. When they fly out to see us, we make our yearly trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. Sarah’s younger sister, Amanda, lives in New York with her husband, Mike, and their son, Christopher, and daughter, Mila. We fly there every chance we get to celebrate holidays and birthdays.