Nathan & Rasha
Nathan & Rasha
We are so grateful that you are taking the time to learn about us. We have been happily married for almost 5 years, and we cannot wait to start a family! Although we’ve struggled with infertility for several years now, we know in our hearts that we are destined to be parents. And the love we have for each other and our future children have led us straight to you!
We hope you know how much we admire you for making such a courageous and
selfless decision. We promise that if you choose us, your child will be loved and
We are grateful every day for our chance meeting in July 2012. We were both
attending a job training in South Carolina. Nate was living in Oklahoma City at the
time, and Rasha was living in Los Angeles. On the first day of training, Nate was on his way to the gym, and Rasha was about to go to dinner with her classmates. A heavy thunderstorm made us cancel our plans — we like to think that God had other plans for us. Because of the thunderstorm, we all ate dinner at the training facility and ended up talking with each other the entire evening.
Nate asked Rasha out to dinner the next night, and it did not take us long to figure out that we were meant to be. We got engaged after one year of long-distance dating, and we were married five months later. Nate moved to Los Angeles two weeks before our wedding! We now love thunderstorms!
• We Love to Cook Together: In addition to everyday meals, we love cooking for each other on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. Grilled scallops are our go-to special occasion meal.
• We Love Lounging with our Dogs: We enjoy spending time at home with each other and our dogs, watching movies, tv shows, and sports.
• We Love Spending Time with Our Nieces: We have four nieces (one on Nate’s side and three on Rasha’s side) and we love spending weekends with them, playing games and watching them grow up.
• We Love to Laugh: We both think we’re pretty funny and we like to tease each other all the time.
• We Love to Travel: Since we’ve been married, we’ve been to England, Scotland, Wales, Australia, Canada, and all across the U.S.
I was born in Cairo, Egypt. My family and I moved to sunny California when I was two years old and my older brother and I learned English by watching Sesame Street and Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood! I played the clarinet throughout junior high and high school, and our marching band would play on opening day at Dodger Stadium. I also
have fond memories of playing flag football in high school, and performing in dance shows.
Because of scholarships and financial aid, I was able to attend college at U.C. Irvine,
where I graduated in three years with a Political Science degree, and I then went to
law school at UCLA. I’ve been a lawyer for over 17 years. I love my career because it has allowed me to help people in so many different ways. For over 7 years, I was a criminal prosecutor, where I helped victims of crime and violence.
Now, as a partner
at an international law firm, I am dedicated to helping those less fortunate, including children seeking a better life in the United States.
I am thankful that my work schedule is very flexible. I am able to work from home on many days. My company also offers six months maternity leave and provides a generous part-time option for parents. Although my career has been a top priority for many years, I cannot wait to be a mother, and that will be my #1 priority.
• Guilty pleasure is watching TV dramas.
• Loves to bake. Apple pies, pumpkin pies, and red velvet chocolate chip cupcakes are her specialties!
• Enjoys international travel. She loves the Greek islands!
• Loves adventure. She has been skydiving, hang gliding, parasailing, white water rafting, and has hiked the Samaria Gorge in Crete.
• Taught Sunday School for over 10 years.
• Was a K-12 substitute teacher before going to law school.
More About Rasha, By Nate
Rasha is one of the strongest people I have ever met, she grew up in the inner city and succeeded to the top of her career field. She is a total sweetheart, has an amazing smile and warmth, and she is hilarious. Everyone in my family instantly loved Rasha and her bubbly personality. She is very outgoing and passionate about helping others who are less fortunate, is amazing with our nieces, and will be a fantastic mother!
I was born and raised in a small town in upstate New York with my two brothers, sister, and many friends that I maintain to this day. I grew up playing baseball, basketball, wiffleball, golf, and soccer; and took part in Cub Scouts.
In an attempt to avoid winter weather, I attended college in Florida and got my degree in Aerospace Engineering, and afterwards was an engineer for 11 years with NASA. In 2011, I left NASA and joined the FBI as a Special Agent and I’ve been working to combat cyber-crime ever since.
I love learning and look forward to helping our future children learn and explore anything they are interested in, whether it’s building things, playing with toys, reading books, learning to play instruments, or playing sports. I’m a big sports fan, and love to go to live games, golf tournaments, and outdoor concerts.
• A true “rocket scientist.”
• Likes to garden and grow fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs.
• Makes breakfast every weekend for whoever is in the house!
• Learned how to stand-up paddleboard in the ocean.
• Likes to cook, BBQ, and occasionally bake. Everyone loves Nate’s from-scratch
chocolate chip cookies!
• Likes to tinker and build things, and recently built a large workbench to accommodate future projects.
More About Nate, By Rasha
Nate captured my heart because he is kind, loving, funny, witty, smart, loyal
and genuine. His wholesome small-town upbringing is endearing — he’s known his
two best friends since elementary school. The love and respect he has for his mom
is also something that melts my heart. He is good natured, and always positive. He loves visiting our nieces and going to family gatherings with 15+ kids running around, and the kids love goofing around with him. I have no doubt that Nate is
going to make an amazing father!
Our Home & Pets
We live in a cute 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom ranch-style home in a desirable part of Los Angeles, with quiet tree-lined streets, highly-rated schools, and unique houses galore. A large park with jungle-gyms and swing sets is a five-minute walk away. Our large yard has a pool, hot tub, and avocado, lemon, lime, orange, kumquat, and plum trees.
We have two adorable pugs, Cooper and Alice. They are great with children, and love to keep an eye on everyone in the house. Their favorite activities are eating, napping, cuddling, and going for the occasional short walk. They get excited
when they hear the words “chicken” and “dinner,” and when Nate asks in a singing voice, “Who wants to go for a walk?”
We want to thank you again for taking the time to read about us. We are so excited about becoming parents, and we honestly believe that our journey has led us directly to you. Like the unexpected thunderstorm that brought us together,
we hope that you choose us and change our lives forever.
We promise that your child will know what a blessing you are to us, and how you (and your child) were an answer to our prayers. Our home will be filled with love, laughter, kindness, and
gratefulness. We hope we can meet you soon!