Nicole and Greg
Dear Birth Mother
Hello! We are Nicole and Greg from Los Angeles, California. Thank you for taking the time to get to know us! We realize this is a very brave step you are taking and are so grateful to you for choosing adoption. Throughout our 13 years together, it’s been our dream to start a family.
We have been talking about adoption for many years. And over time, it became our primary focus. We had a few pregnancy losses along the way but feel strongly about our calling to adopt.
Our Calling to Adopt: Our home is a welcoming space where we share many laughs, hugs and quality time with family and friends. If given the chance, we promise to love your child unconditionally, fully support them in whoever they want to be, treat them to many exciting adventures and raise them with strong morals. We are honored to be considered as a potential family for your child and hope to hear from you soon!
About Us: We met at a classic restaurant in the heart of Hollywood. We instantly had a connection and our friend groups quickly merged. After dating for a year, Greg proposed at the top of a mountain in Lake Tahoe – after a six-hour hike (He overestimated how long the trail was!) We were so tired by the time we reached the top but the view was definitely worth it! A year later, we got married on a beach in Maui.
We are blessed to have loving and supportive families. We also have a close group of friends, many of whom are parents to young children or are currently expecting. Both of us work from home and have very flexible schedules, which will allow for us to be able to spend lots of time with our future child. Nicole is a writer who spends her days interviewing celebrities and writing for various magazines. Greg is a music producer for TV and film. He also teaches guitar to kids and coaches youth bands.
Together We Love:
- Traveling: We love exploring other countries and experiencing new cultures.
- Hiking: We have many beautiful trails in our area.
- Going to the Beach: We’re there almost every weekend!
- Farmer’s Market: It’s a family fun event with bouncy castles and face painting.
- Movie Nights: We love curling up with our dogs and a big bowl of popcorn.
- Hollywood Events: We’re often invited to fun movie premieres, festivals and red carpet events, many of which are family-friendly.
- Cooking: We love trying new recipes. Greg makes amazing lasagna. Nicole bakes chocolate chip banana bread that only lasts a day in our house!
- Backyard BBQs, Game Nights & Swim Parties: We love hosting friends and family get-togethers.
About Nicole by Nicole: I grew up in Michigan in a family of four. After college, I made my way to Los Angeles where I built my career and fell in love with palm trees, sandy beaches and my husband, Greg. I have wanted to be a mother for a long time and am extremely excited about the chance to become a parent. My number one priority is family and I plan to spend as much time as I can with my future child, doing everything from: playing hide-and-go-seek to making batches of fresh cookies together, taking fun family vacations and doing creative arts and crafts projects. I love my job as a writer and a reporter and am blessed to be able to do what I love for a living. I get to interview all kinds of interesting people, go to fun events like the Oscars and Grammys and write about important topics like health and wellness. I’ve built my life around following my passions and will encourage my future child to follow their dreams as well.
More About Nicole by Greg: Nicole is an amazing woman. She’s fun, honest, kind, hard-working and has a great sense of humor. She’s very outgoing and loves meeting new people (and they love meeting her!). She has a huge heart and always puts others first. She’s also an animal lover and has convinced me to “catch and release” even household flies and spiders! Nicole is extremely intelligent and seems to know the answer to almost every question – and if not, she will find it within seconds (thanks to her research/writing career).
Nicole is also a really good listener and is so easy to talk to about anything. She’s loyal, trustworthy, family-oriented and is one of the most positive people I know. She will make an amazing mom!
- Volunteering: I read storybooks to elementary school kids, volunteer at food banks and help college students from underserved communities prep for their first jobs.
- Gardening: I love growing my own herbs and veggies.
- Animals: Pets have always been a big part of my life. Growing up, my parents got us a Grow-A-Frog kit where a tadpole turns into a frog. He lived to be 35! I just bought one for my two-year-old nephew.
- Disneyland & Universal Studios: I prefer Small World to Space Mountain. Sign me up for the kiddie rides!
About Greg by Greg: I was born and raised in a small town in Northern California. I come from a big family, which makes reunions a blast. Growing up, I always had a passion for music and creativity, which led me to attend Music College and then become a full-time musician. I love my job. I write and produce music for TV and film, produce upcoming artists and teach music lessons – all from my home studio. I also develop kid bands and set up concerts for them on the Sunset Strip.
I love to have fun and have a positive outlook on life. I tend to not sweat the small stuff – life is too short! Most importantly, I’m really looking forward to being a dad. I can’t wait to teach a child how to tie their shoe, ride a bike, swim in our pool and make pancakes. I also hope to help them find their passion, like I found mine.
More About Greg by Nicole: Greg has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met. He’s patient and kind. He is extremely selfless and would do anything for anyone. He teaches music lessons to kids out of our home and is amazing with them. Their parents are always telling me what a difference he’s made in their child’s lives and it’s so heartwarming to hear (and not surprising). Greg finds the fun in every moment – even in a mundane task like doing the dishes. He’s always making me laugh. He comes from a big family and his nieces and nephews absolutely adore him. Greg is a natural with kids and will make a wonderful dad.
- The Outdoors: Whether it’s the beach, hiking, mountain biking, or just relaxing on a floatie in the pool, I love getting outside.
- Weekend Getaways: I love exploring a new beach town or getting a cabin in the mountains for a spontaneous road trip!
- Jam Sessions: Even though I do music for a living, getting together with buddies and a couple acoustic guitars never gets old.
- Food: Yeah, I love to eat. Trying new restaurants, cooking, grilling, take out, you name it!
Meet Our Family and Friends
Everyone is so excited about our adoption plans!
Nicole’s Family: Nicole’s brother and sister-in-law have an adorable two-year-old named Grayson who we have so much fun with. Last Christmas, we bought him a toy roller coaster and we get regular FaceTimes of him riding it over and over again. We go to Michigan every year for Christmas and Nicole’s family goes all out. We pop Christmas crackers, wear the paper crowns that fall out of them and eat “The Feast.” Her mom goes crazy with the dessert table!
Greg’s Family: Greg’s California-based family is known for their big get-togethers, with his parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends. There is tons of good food, games, swimming and of course, lots of music! We are also grateful to have a wonderful circle of friends, many of whom we’ve known since we’ve been together.
We live in a quiet suburb of Los Angeles, California at the end of a cul-de-sac. We are very close with our neighbors and many of them have young children. We have two parks around the corner with large playgrounds. We love living in the suburbs but are also just a short drive away from all the fun that the city has to offer.
Our neighborhood goes all out on Halloween. Last year, someone had an animatronic T-Rex that roared and had smoke come out of his mouth! We are known for our 4th of July Parade, which ends with a potluck and, for the kids, a special appearance by the local firemen.
Our Pets: We have two dogs, Rocky, a rat terrier and a Doberman named Lyla. They are both incredibly sweet and gentle. Lyla loves getting belly rubs from the neighborhood kids and Rocky will do anything for a treat. His favorite tricks are closing drawers, playing dead and breakdancing. If you pull out a treat, he will go through his entire routine!
We also have an aquarium filled with tropical fish, a frog and snails. It’s so fun going to the fish store and buying new fish to join the tank. We hope our future child will have fun picking them out with us.
We Promise To:
- Always listen to your child’s feelings and allow them to fully express themselves
- Take fun family vacations and expose them to new cultures and experiences
- Respect their choices as to what activities, interests and career paths they want to follow
- Celebrate you in our home
- And most importantly, give them lots and lots of unconditional love, no matter what!
Thank You: It means the world to us that you took the time to learn about us. We know this journey must be difficult and really applaud your courage. We want to thank you for considering us and to tell you how honored we would be to be able to be parents to your child.
Nicole & Greg