Nik & Melany
Hello from Melany & Nik in CA!
We want to thank you for taking the time to review our profile and consider our family. We deeply admire the courage and strength you have for considering adoption.
We understand this is an incredibly difficult decision for you, but just know that this is the greatest gift we could ever receive. We both come from loving, supportive families, and starting a family of our own is something we have dreamed of for a while.
We have so much love to give, and would be honored if you chose us to help us start our family. We personally know several families who have adopted, and they have shared with us what a wonderful, amazing experience it has been. We hope that we can show you the loving environment your child would be raised in.
About Us: Our love story began in 2013, when we met at one of our work’s union functions. Who knew that our work union would lead to our personal union! We started talking to each other at the event, and Nik fell in love with Melany’s beautiful smile and joyous laugh, while Melany fell in love with Nik’s corny, sweet sense of humor.
We have been inseparable ever since and have wanted to start a family for quite some time. We have gone through years infertility proand are unable to biologically have children, but now we realize we are exactly where we are meant to be in life.
Our Favorite Things To Do:
• We love traveling. We have been to 14 countries in the last few years, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, Greece, Canada, and many others. These have been eye-opening cultural experiences, as it is a great way to learn about the world and ourselves, and it is something we would love our child to experience too.
• We love food and family. Melany is a fantastic cook who loves to express her creativity by making all sorts of delicious ethnic recipes, and we make it a point to eat as a family every single night, no matter how busy life be. We host weekly dinner events for our family and friends!
• Most of all, we love spending time with each other. No matter the activity, we spend all our evenings and weekends together. We doing everything together as a family, and we look forward to sharing that time together with a child.
I was born in Sacramento, Northern California. It was a small town, close to the rivers and mountains. There I grew to greatly enjoy the outdoors, respect and cherish the environment, and to love all kinds of animals. To this day I still hike and bike outdoors, I am an avid snowboarder, and I express my creative side by being an amateur nature photographer.
I am a big believer in health and wellness, which is why I cook our meals at home with healthy, fresh ingredients from the nearby farmer’s market, run or lift weights every day, spend time with our dog (Milo), and recycle.
About my Job: I am a pharmacist who helps to take care of people with cancer. I am passionate about the health and well-being of my patients because I know what a scary and difficult time it can be after being diagnosed with cancer. Through my job, I get to help people transition from a time of sickness and fear to a time of health and joy. Seeing this transformation brings me a lot of happiness and reward.
• Reading a good mystery novel
• Traveling and experiencing culture around the world
• Taking fresh ingredients and creating delicious, healthy meals
• Watching Nik devour the food I cooked and asking for more
• Watching guinea pigs on YouTube
• Eating brunch with family every Sunday (bacon, eggs, and French toast are often in high demand!)
I was born and raised in Irvine, California and have lived here my whole live. I am a very creative person who loves to ask questions, learn, and then teach. There is no greater reward than watching someone learn and grow in life.
My parents taught me from a young age that we all live in this world together, and through our shared responsibility, we can continue to help the world grow and become a better place for everyone. I am passionate about traveling and seeing the world, as I feel it helps us see how different cultures live and work.
In terms of other hobbies, I love challenging myself to learn new skills (I am currently looking into creating my own website and blogging), working with children to help them apply to colleges and become financially secure, and creating a fitness and nutrition plans for friends and co-workers.
I have an eye for interior decorating and love to express my creativity by designing our new home. I am also a well-known foodie who keeps an open mind and loves to try all sorts of food, especially exotic ones!
About My Job: Growing up in a loving, nurturing environment is probably why I decided to pursue a career in healthcare as a pharmacist. I work directly with diabetic patients to help manage their medications and blood sugars.
• Eating Melany’s delicious cooking
• Seeing Melany laugh
• Watching our puppy Milo run around wildly, then plop down and take a nap
• Hosting dinner events with family and friends
• Curling up under a blanket and watching TV with Melany
• Having patients tell me thank you for caring about their health
Our Loving Families
Mel’s Family: I come from a family of school teachers, pharmacists, and lawyers. My parents have now been married for 42 years. They have raised three happy, successful children and are more in love than ever. We see my parents at several times a year and they are so excited to welcome a third grandchild into their lives.
My sister and her husband live near my parents with their two kids and a three-legged cat. We see them several times a year and when they come to visit us we make it a tradition to all go to Disneyland together. Their kids love all the fastest rides, especially Space Mountain!
Nik’s Family: I am very fortunate to have a very supportive, loving family that lives a short 10 minute drive from us. My family often comes over for weekend brunches, quite possibly because they seem to really enjoy Melany’s sweet potato waffles!
My mother’s side of the family lives here too, and we always gather for every single holiday. My parents often tell me they look forward to becoming grandparents, so I can’t wait to the day I finally get to show them a beautiful baby and say okay Grandma and Granpda, are you ready to meet your Grandchild?
• Every Sunday we have a brunch with a new type of food or recipe
• Yearly pumpkin carving in October
• Disneyland trips
• Gingerbread house creation in December
• Family dinners for every major event
• Annual vacations
We have the world’s sweetest and cutest dog – a pug puppy named Milo! Milo has a bundle of energy and loves all people. He gets really excited when children come pet him and loves affection. His favorite activities are playing with his stuffed sheep and cuddling on the couch with us.
Our Home and Closing Thoughts
Home Sweet Home: We live in a culturally diverse, progressive suburban city (Irvine, CA). We recently bought a new construction 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom home that has a room that is ready to have a crib and baby in it.
We purposefully bought a home in a city that is known as both one of the safest cities and one of the strongest cities for education in the nation, as we want to provide a child the opportunity for a strong education and personal growth.
Our community provides weekly events and games for children. Or, if the activity isn’t as interesting, we are about 15 minutes from the beach or Disneyland, so playing in the sand is always fun or visiting Micky Mouse, right?
We Promise To You:
• Love them unconditionally
• Be cherished by loving grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends
• Be safe and secure
• Expose them to travel and culture
• Never be afraid to fail
• Instill confidence so they are proud of who they are
• Read bedtime stories every single night
• Know their adoption story
• Laugh, cuddle and have fun every single day
Thank You: We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to read about our lives. We are very excited to be parents and have so much love to offer your child.
Through our own experiences, we have come to realize that life does not always go exactly as planned. That said, as we have discovered through our travels, it is the unexpected parts of life that can lead to amazing discoveries, and it has led us to you.
Our home will be filled with love, laughter, joy, and of course, Melany’s delicious cooking. We would be honored if you chose us, and we are grateful for the time you spent getting to know us.