Hello! I am Nikki from the Netherlands!
Thanks for taking a look at my profile. I hope it will give you a sneak preview into my life so you can see how welcome a child would be. It must be a confusing and difficult time for you, trying to figure out the best option for you and your child. I want you to know that I already have the deepest respect for you and for the difficult choice you’re about to make, as you consider adoption. You put the needs of your child above the wants of your heart.
For as long as I can remember I have had a deep wish to become a mother. Adoption is a great option to start my own family and a beautiful journey to fulfill my wish.
My Story: I was born in a beautiful town in the south of the Netherlands, a country located in Europe. I grew up in a family of four, my parents and my brother, Maikel.
What makes me, me? I don’t like to be the center of attention, but I do speak my mind. I could talk your ear off, but also be a listening ear. I’ve proven to be stronger than I thought, have a positive attitude and self-mockery.
I love a house full of friends and family, but sometimes also love it with just “me, myself and I”. When I’m alone I loudly sing along with the car radio and I have a love / hate relationship with plants (I love them, they hate me). I think that’s because of the fact that I forget to water them sometimes or compensate it with too much water.
Parenting Means To Me:
• Educate with humor!
• Mutual respect, let them make their own mistakes, give them the chance to fall but be there to help them get up.
• I can’t wait to watch them grow and develop
• Give them the chances I’ve had
• Show them the world – Enjoy the big, but especially the small things in life with them
Family + Friends
I have a large, close-knit family and a special bond with my godmother Janine. We see each other regularly at different family gatherings. The highlight is Christmas. We all come together for a joint Christmas dinner, to which everyone contributes. On Christmas Eve we unwrap the presents under the Christmas tree. I always look forward to these moments and look forward to sharing this with my future child!
I’m very happy to say that all my grandparents are still alive. One 80+ and the other 90+ years old! Grandma B is making a blanket for the cradle. She can’t help herself already buying clothes for her future grandchild. They all hope to be able to experience that they will become great-grandparents and cannot wait until they can admire him or her.
My Friends: I don’t have a big group of friends, but the friends I have are good, real friends! My friends are like a second family and they are all very supportive of my plans to adopt and can’t wait to welcome a new little one! Like Nicole, she started out as just a colleague, but has become the big sister that I never had (my chosen sister). Other friendships go years back, such as with my best friend Miron, whom I have known for over 18 years. Her daughter Eva has a special place in my heart. And with Marlou, who I met 13 years ago during my education (elementary school teacher). Some of my friends I know from traveling, from work (school, babysitting and daycare center) whom I can now count among my good friends.
Family + Friends, my support system: I’m single, but not alone. Fortunately, I am blessed with many ‘villagers’ around me who can, will and want to help with the upbringing of my future child. My parents will certainly play the largest role in supporting your child’s upbringing. As an uncle and guardian, my brother Maikel will be happy to take care of his nephew or niece and teach them how to play tennis, as soon as possible.
I definitely have a huge support system of friends and family, so your child will be surrounded by positive role models and endless love!
My Home and Neighborhood: I live in a city in the south of the Netherlands. It is surrounded by nature, but also has a lively city center. It is known for its forests and fens. As a child we were here every weekend to walk with the dogs, play, or skate on one of the frozen fens. Even now I still enjoy coming, relaxing on one of the nice terraces or looking for peace during a walk.
My house with a garden is located in a quiet neighborhood. The traffic in the street is mainly destination traffic. In the vicinity there are various playgrounds and good schools, primary and secondary education. Also other forms of recreation and hospitals are a few minutes away, by car or bike.
The Netherlands and Traditions:
• “Sinterklaas,” similar to Christmas, an old man with a white beard who gives out presents in December (the 5th). Instead of a sleigh, he rides a horse.
• Of course we also celebrate Christmas. This is my favorite time of the year. We celebrate this extensively with family, lights, decorations and presents. Being together is central.
• Carnival: Similar to Halloween, we dress up in crazy outfits but we don’t go “trick-or-treating.”
• King’s Day: Celebrating our King’s birthday. Everyone dressed in something orange, there are all kinds of music festivals, markets and games.
• I also intend to add some American traditions, such as the 4th of July and Thanksgiving.
My Dogs: I would also like to introduce you to my two dogs. They are dachshunds, Senna and Kyra.
Senna is a 4-year-old male. He’s calm, a bit of a fright and somewhat awkward. But also very loyal and sweet. He doesn’t hurt a fly and regularly comes to cuddle.
Kyra is a 2-year-old girl. She is super enthusiastic, agile, active, smart and a bit naughty sometimes. She’s always looking for a challenge. She’s also very sweet and so funny! When Eva, the three year old daughter of Miron, comes to visit they love to cuddle and play with each other.
My Career and More About Me
My Promise to Your Child:
• Unconditional love for better or worse, in sickness and in health until my heart stops.
• Updates through photo’s, video’s or email, so you can see your child growing, if that is something you desire.
• To love your child if we are crying tears of laughter, but also when they’re pushing my buttons.
• To teach your child how to get up when they fall, how to persevere, ESPECIALLY when it gets hard, to treat people the same way they want to be treated and, last but not least, give them the same love I’ve experienced when growing up.
Final Thoughts: All that’s left to say is THANK YOU for considering adoption and for reading my profile. I hope you have a good idea of who I am and what I have to offer as a parent.
If you choose me, I want you to know that you will always have a special place in my heart and in the life of your child. But I especially hope that you follow your heart and do what feels right for you!
Finally, I wish you a lot of courage and wisdom and I hope that you will find peace in whatever decision you make.