Dear Birth Mother
Hi, My name is Paige from Merced, California. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile and learn a little about me! I knew since I was a child that I would start my family through adoption. I do not have infertility problems that I know of, I just knew that there were many children who needed parents, so it was clear to me that I would adopt.
I can’t begin to imagine how difficult this is for you, but please know that I admire your strength, courage and bravery for making this choice. A choice like this comes from love and is a tremendous gift (to say the least). Please know that your child will be the ultimate gift for me, and I can’t wait to share my life and love with your child.
I was born in raised in Merced, California, where I currently reside. My entire extended family is here and I’m surrounded by lots of love and support! Not only is Merced the birthplace of the newest University of California campus – UC Merced – we are also 2 hours from the beach, snow, mountains, or Yosemite National Park!
In my free time I like to garden, paint, do fix-it-up projects around my home, read, do puzzles, go on hikes with my dogs Ben and George, and hangout with family and friends. I also love to cook and bake – I’m always looking for a new recipe to try! My future child will be active in all these activities with me, having fun and learning a lot about creativity and exploration along the way.
I own a daycare and it’s the most fun, rewarding job. Each day I’m surrounded by the contagiously happy and positive energy of children, most of whom are like family to me. I’ve always wanted children of my own, and I know that my daycare family will be ecstatic for the addition of your little one into our lives. I also teach swimming lessons from the pool in my backyard – it’s so rewarding for me to know that children are safe around water after they graduate from my program.
Top 5 activities I plan on doing with my future child:
- Yosemite National Park to hike and see the sights
- Going to the beach to play in the sand and ocean
- Visiting family and friends at birthday parties and holiday gatherings
- Anything creative, like baking, painting or gardening
- Traveling to Hawaii for my family’s annual trip
My Family & Friends
My family and friends are the most important things in my life! Growing up, my parents always instilled a strong sense of family values in my sister, Shaylyn and I. My parents attended every sporting event, every play, every awards ceremony and always supported us in our goals no matter how big or small. I plan on supporting my future child the same way, and instilling those same family values in them.
I have a large extended family – my dad, Richard, has 5 siblings, and my mother, Shani, has 3 aunts and uncles, all of whom have lots of children and grand-children. Most, if not all, of my extended family lives in Merced and are no more than a 5-minute drive from my home, and some are even a 10-minute walk away! We get together often for holidays, birthday parties, or just because! Many of my cousins, as well as my friends who I consider family, have young children, so your child will always have someone to play and grow with.
My older sister, Shaylyn, and my younger sister Paisley are excited to be aunts! Shaylyn works at Monterey Bay Aquarium and can’t wait to teach my future child all about marine biology. Paisley is excited to babysit and teach the baby to dance, as Paisley is an incredible dancer! My dad, mom and step-dad are also ALL excited to be grandparents! We all can’t wait to welcome a new baby into our family.
Family Traditions: We love traditions! We always spend Thanksgiving and Christmas together, as well as birthdays! Another fun tradition is that each year my dad, uncle Wes, and sister Shaylyn go to a different island of Hawaii. We all can’t wait to take my future child on this special annual trip and soak up the Hawaiian culture and sun.
What Others Say About Me:
• “Paige is not only my sister, but a great person and an excellent role model. To me, she would be the best mom because she is loving, protecting, nurturing and most importantly – selfless. She will make sure her child is equipped with the knowledge and skills to be successful in life and I am certain this is her calling in life.” – My sister, Shaylyn
- “I noticed Paige’s maternal instincts early on. As a young girl, she was always first to dote over the newborn cousins. I know she will make an excellent mother” – My dad, Richard
- “I wholeheartedly trust Paige with my child, who I would give my life for” – Friend and daycare client, Aileen
- “Paige always has/does an amazing job taking care of my little one. My husband and I truly couldn’t ask for more.” – Friend and daycare client, Alyea
My Home & Community
I have a beautiful 4-bedroom house in a quiet cul-de-sac. My home is big and bright and welcoming – perfect for gatherings, having guests over, and running my daycare. I live just a few blocks from a bike path which leads to parks with playgrounds, fields, and a creek for my dogs to swim in!
I love my job because I’ll be able to stay home and raise my future child. My daycare kids will act as siblings, helping my child to grow up smart and strong like them. Your child will immediately have a family and a community to love and support them.
Meet My Dogs, Ben and George: I’d also like to introduce my 2 black Labrador retrievers – Ben and George! These litter-mates came into my life in August of 2016 when they were 8 weeks old. Ben is more sweet and timid, and George is a little more outgoing, but they complement each other perfectly and are completely inseparable. Their favorite part of the day is playing with my daycare kids and getting all of their leftovers at meal times! They will make great fur friends to your child!
A Few of My Favorite Things:
- Food: Spaghetti
- TV Show – Family Feud
- Activity – Swimming
- Dessert – Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Hobby – Gardening
- Movie – Jumanji (with Robin Williams)
- Relaxation – Netflix & Popcorn
- Vacation Spot – Hawaii
- Sport – Football (Go Raiders!)
- Instrument – Piano
My Promise to You and Your Child:
- To love your child with all of my heart, unconditionally
- To teach your child to be strong, confident, and kind
- To provide your child with a stable and strong family
- To create a childhood full of fun, laughter, playing & exploring
- To always let your child know who they are and where they came from, and how blessed I am to have them in my life
Thank You: Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about me and considering me as an adoptive parent for your child. I have worked hard for this opportunity for years, and it is a decision I make with a full, excited and happy heart! I know this journey is incredibly difficult for you, but I commend you for being so brave and courageous. Please know that if you choose me, your child will have my unconditional love forever and always.