Paul & Reza
Hello! We are Paul and Reza
Dear Birth Mother: We are very excited to introduce ourselves to you. We are so excited to share our love with your child. Our two year old Sophie is ecstatic to become a “big” sister and to share her enthusiasm for life, boundless love, and teaching everything she’s learned in life so far! This is an amazing journey we are all embarking on!
We would like to say thank you for taking the time to read our story and getting to know who we are! We want you to know that we both have a lot of respect and compassion for you and your decision. We hope that you will consider us for raising your child in our loving and nurturing family.
Here’s Our Story: We met on OK Cupid, and it was love at first sight! We were engaged 6 months after we met, and as they say, “the rest is history”. We haven’t spent a day apart since our first date, unless one of us was traveling for work. We had a very diverse group of friends and family at our wedding – it was a mix of Americans, Iranians, and Czechs all coming together for a wonderful celebration to honor both of our upbringings and traditions.
Even on our first date we talked about adoption and how important it was that we both wanted to have a family someday. One of the reasons we “clicked” right away was because of our desire to have a child through adoption. We are so excited and looking forward to sharing our lives with your child and expanding our family.
Fun Facts About Us
• We love to travel and take a “big” vacation at least once per year.
• We believe in quality time together and eat dinner together every night.
• We like to play tennis, hike, go to the park around the block, or bike to the beach on the weekends.
• We love maintaining traditions and we host Thanksgiving dinner for our friends and family every year.
• We love gardening! Everything from planting seeds, to potting and transplanting.
• We love cooking together. Paul is great in the kitchen down to the last detail, and Reza is awesome at putting together a beautiful table.
• We love decorating for the holidays. Last year we handmade huge Christmas decorations outside, so Sophie could enjoy them.
Our Work Life: We are both career-oriented people. Paul is a doctor and Reza is a finance guy. Although we love and are dedicated to our work, it is JUST work. We both value a good “work-life” balance. Work is work; and playtime is playtime. Paul does not work after hours, and Reza is rarely working late. We both have flexibility to be home part time and spend as much time with our daughter as possible. Our family life is central.
He is the man that I can always count on to have my back, who supports me in my decisions and is always there for me. He is honest, patient and is my rock.
Paul is the most attentive and sensitive person that I have ever known. He always remembers the little things that touch one’s hearth and soul. I love it when he gets me flowers for no special reason, just because he knows he would be brightening my day. Paul is a giver and has been very fortunate to have a career where he can work with people and provide his support and be a giver all day long.
Paul has a lot of love and playfulness to share with Sophie. He crafts and plays with her for hours. Sophie is absolutely in love with her Daddy! He is a wonderful dad and I cannot wait to share all the joys of parenthood with him for a second time.
Fun Facts About Paul:
• He is fluent in German and spent a year in Germany teaching school children. He cooks for us every night.
• He has done a lot of volunteering and mentoring with young and old people.
• He is a romantic and cries whenever he sees two people expressing love for one another.
• He is a fast walker… the person next to him needs to run to keep up with him!
• He falls asleep 15 minutes into a movie…any movie!
• He loves Christmas, Christmas decorations, Christmas movies, etc.
• Crafting/art… He has a very fun creative side.
• Playing the piano and trumpet… Making music is so much fun!
• Cooking… and he is very good at it.
• Grocery shopping…and can spot a new product since his last visit
• Crocheting… anybody need an extra throw for the sofa?
About Reza: If I could only write a book about how loving, genuine, and sincere this man is! Sophie and I are so lucky and your child will be very lucky to have him as their father.
Reza is a family man, and home is where his heart is. He has close ties to all of his family and friends. He has a very big group of friends from childhood that we see very often. At home, he is a great dad to Sophie and takes any opportunity to teach her something new. Reza is a provider, nurturer, and he is completely dependable.
Reza shows me love by taking care of lots of practical things in our relationship. For example, when I was working 2 nights a week, he made me dinner and waited for me to get home to eat together. He does everything around the house that needs fixing – he can fix almost anything! I’m very thankful to have someone who loves me so much and provides so much love to others.
Fun Facts About Reza:
• He knows 3 languages and is fluent in Farsi, French, and English
• He has a MASSIVE sweet tooth… You can always find a couple of candy wrappers laying around in his car
• He leaves voice messages for our dog so that he doesn’t feel alone at home when we are at work
• He can tidy up and organize any room (even a teenager’s) in less than ten minutes!
• He is very affectionate and you always want to get a hug from him.
• He makes the BEST strawberry-vanilla jam ever!
• Running outside… There’s nothing more relaxing than going for a 6-mile run.
• Scuba diving… there’s a whole other world to discover down there.
• Gardening… is fun to be outside and taking care of plants.
• Reading…especially reading novels.
• Chocolate… is there anything better than chocolate?
Our Loving Families
Meet Sophie, Our Daughter: Sophie is 2 ½ and we adopted her at birth. It was a very exciting time for us when we were there in the hospital for her actual birth. We haven’t been apart from her even a night since she was born. Sophie is a very upbeat, spirited, and happy child.
She doesn’t know a stranger! She plays hard, she loves hard, and she will be an incredible sister. She loves to run, read bedtime books, “play” the piano, watch cartoons, play with our little dog Barney, and eat.
Our Life As Parents:
For us being a family means…
• Making a safe and loving home for your child and giving him/her unconditional love.
• Going on family vacations together.
• Reading bedtime stories and encouraging your child to dream!
• Playing, talking to one another and laughing about inside jokes that only we would know and understand.
• Attending every sport event, music recital or activity your child is interested in.
• Making big memories out of the little things in life.
The People We Love: We really have great friends and family: Siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so many close friends! Reza’s parents have passed away and his sister lives in Canada while Paul’s parents live in Nebraska and his brothers live in Minnesota.
Even though we are not living close to our families, we always make it a priority to see them multiple times during the year to take in all their love and support. Paul’s mom is a crafting genius and loves to do any kind of art project possible. Paul’s parents are so excited about having another grandchild. Reza’s sister adores children and is so excited to be an aunt for a second time!
We are so fortunate to have so many close friends and even more fortunate that we live close to many of them! This has given us the chance to really be a big part of their lives and the lives of their children. We have a lot of fun with our friends in celebrating birthdays, holidays and other special occasions.
Our Home and Closing Thoughts
Our Home: We live in a city neighborhood, with a nice backyard and plenty of space to run around. Several of our closest friends are having babies now, and we are so thankful that your child will have so many family friends to play with.
We live right around the corner from a great park where we take Sophie every day on the weekend. We both value education and learning skills from an early age and we plan to provide the best education for your child.
We Promise That:
• We will love your child like we have never loved before.
• We will put your child’s needs first.
• We will raise your child to be honest, respectful, kind, and hardworking.
• We will provide every opportunity for learning sports, music, languages, and art.
• We will encourage and support your child’s dreams.
• We will make sure your child is happy in life!
Thank you for reading our story! Hopefully you have an understanding of who we are as a family and our excitement to become a family of four. If you would like to get to know us more, please let us know! We are here to support you and your child and grow our family.