Hello! I’m Roma from Los Angeles!
Thank you for considering me as you choose the right family for your child. I can only imagine how difficult this choice is for you and I want to thank you for your bravery. I have long dreamed of being a mother and I am so excited to become an adoptive parent. I’d like to tell you more about myself and the kind of life I would share with your child.
I want you to feel sure that your child will be given amazing opportunities in life and grow up safe, happy and loved.
This is Roma: I was born in Toronto, Canada and now live in sunny Los Angeles. My Mom and Dad live in Toronto and have been happily married for over 50 years. My sister and my brother are both married and have kids – I have 7 awesome nieces and nephews, three of whom were adopted – they all are excited about a new cousin.
I had a great childhood filled with laughter, travel, family meals and so much love. I am so grateful to have grown up in such a close family with so many opportunities.
As an adult, I have a very happy life with a great career, a lovely group of friends and lots of travel and adventure. I was raised to believe that women can do anything and have been lucky to be able to pursue and accomplish my big dreams! I am a part of a great community of friends and family who love, respect and support each other. I would love nothing more than to share this community with a child.
I have always wished for children of my own. I’ve never met the right person to get married and have kids with, but I have always dreamed of being a mother so I could try to be a great Mom like my Mom was for me.
I want to give my future child all of the love and opportunities I had, so they can pursue their own dreams and grow up to be strong, happy and kind.
Fun Facts About Me:
• I love to travel. I have visited 48 different countries.
• I can speak three languages: English, French, and Hindi. And I’m trying to learn Spanish!
• I love cooking. I make everything from Mexican to Indian to American but I especially love baking cakes.
• I don’t eat meat, but don’t mind when others do.
• I love all animals and have fed a lemur, koala and a wallaby.
• I love learning and school. I have 4 university degrees: 1 in science, 1 in business, and 2 in law.
• My favorite music is Hip Hop. But I’ll sing along to anything!
My Home Is My Happy Place
I live near the beaches and the mountains in Los Angeles, CA. There is so much to do here! I have a big kitchen with room for everyone to hang out together while we cook and talk. I have a big backyard and pool for hot days and there’s music playing all the time.
My future child will have their own bedroom and bathroom, and there are guest rooms for loved ones to stay when they visit.
I also have a little beach house, where I go on weekends. It is in a beautiful place called Paradise Cove, in Malibu. I can’t wait to take my future child there to walk on the beach and find sea shells, play in the water or throw birthday parties on the sand.
Top 5 Adventures We Can Do Near Home:
• Playing on the beach or hiking up beautiful mountains.
• Gazing at stars from the Griffith Observatory.
• Visiting the LA Zoo.
• Disneyland and Universal Studios.
• Eating ice cream at my favorite ice cream shop.
My Family and Friends
I love spending time with my family and always feel loved and supported by them. We talk daily and visit each other in Los Angeles or in Toronto every few weeks.
My parents are the best! They are originally from India and love being grandparents. My Dad likes to talk to the grandkids about life and tell stories. My Mom likes to cook for the kids and spoil them. They encourage us to work hard, be kind and love each other.
My older sister Julie is married and has 5 kids. She had two herself and adopted 3 older kids. She is a surgeon. Her husband is also a doctor. Julie is a great sister and an amazing Mom.
My younger brother Raja is married and has two daughters. He runs a tech company and plays guitar. His wife is a lawyer and a law professor and also finds time to do legal work for people in need. Their daughters are in grade school and like sports, books, nature and practical jokes.
What My Nieces and Nephews Say About Me:
• She always makes time for us
• She really listens
• She gives great advice
• She is fun and takes us on adventures to cool new places
• She gives the best hugs!
My Friends: I have a strong community of close friends in my life and consider them family. We gather regularly – usually at my house! – and we always take care of each other. They can’t wait to meet my future child.
What My Friends Say About Me:
“Roma’s house is always full of friends and their children. She loves hosting BBQs and pool parties and she loves making big, delicious dinners for our tribe of friends.”
“I chose Roma to be the Godmother of my own precious son because she is strong, warm, loving, thoughtful, generous and fun. Roma is an excellent role model. My son adores her!”
“Roma is an incredible woman with a big heart to love and nurture a child to not only be successful but to know they truly belong in the world.”
“Roma is one of the smartest and kindest women I know. My daughters love spending time with her at the beach flying kites.”
My Career and Travels
I went to law school but I had the dream of one day running a TV company so I also went to business school. With a lot of hard work and support, I achieved my dream of working in the television industry and becoming a CEO.
I moved to Los Angeles 8 years ago when I was asked to be the President of a TV studio called MGM Television. We made a lot of great shows like Vikings, Teen Wolf and Fargo. Now I am the CEO of a TV channel called REVOLT, which was created by an artist named Sean “Diddy” Combs and I have over 100 people working for me. I love being a role model to young people and also mentoring young women to help them succeed.
I love my work, but I also love my personal time with family and friends. One of the perks of being the boss is having lots of flexibility with my time to make being a Mom my priority.
When my future child joins me I will balance work and family and have the support I need to create a wonderful life for them with a warm home, love, support and a lot of learning and adventure.
My Travels: I have been lucky to visit so many different places and cultures. I can’t wait to show my future child the world!
Top 5 Places I Would Like To Take My Child:
• Paris – for cheese and chocolate.
• London – I used to live there and love the museums and parks.
• India – such amazing colors and history.
• Mexico – for the amazing culture, great food and friendly people.
• Africa – on safari in Kenya to see lions, elephants, giraffes and rhinos.
I am SO EXCITED to be a mother and share my life with a child. Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about me.
As an adoptive parent to your chld I promise to:
• Give them a loving and nurturing environment in which to grow and learn.
• Teach them the importance of family, friendships, community and being kind.
• Support them to pursue their own dreams and be the best version of themselves.
• Make sure they always know they are the most important person in my life.
• Tell them about their brave and loving birth mother.
• Most of all, I promise that they will grow up strong and safe and have an amazing life full of unconditional love, opportunity and adventure.
I hope this helps you on your journey of finding a loving home for your baby. Thank you for considering me. I would love to chat with you and answer any questions you have. You can ask me anything!