Sai and Tony
Dear Birth Mother
Hi! We are Saisha (Sai) and Anthony (Tony). We live in Mission Viejo, California. We want to get to know you, and we hope you get to know us – and somewhere in that process you feel confident you are choosing the right future for your child.
We have the utmost respect for you. We are so excited to potentially be a part of your journey. Your courage and love do not go unnoticed. We might not know what it is like to be in your shoes, but what we can do is commit to supporting you and the best possible path forward. We hope to have the opportunity to become your child’s adoptive parents and ensure they always appreciate your heart, strength, and dedication to giving them the best life possible.
Family is commitment, love, honesty, and support. We are not adopting because we have infertility issues, and we still plan to have children biologically. We are adopting because both of us have been drawn to the idea of adoption from a young age. The subject of adoption came up very early in our relationship, and we were happy and excited to find that we are both on the same page. We, along with our extended family, feel that family is much more than bloodlines.
Fun Facts About Us
- Tony loves to garden. You can find him planting and grooming our front and back yard every weekend.
- Sai grew up dancing ballet, tap, hip-hop and modern. She was even a dance teacher for 4 years while in high school.
- Sai has started her own cooking blog just for fun because she has a passion for trying flavors from around the world.
- Tony is amazing at pointillism, which is creating portraits solely with dots!
- Tony’s favorite thing in the world is our Australian cattle dog Sage, and she is also the first pet he has ever had.
- Sai has visited India eight times, spending the bulk of her time in Mumbai visiting her mother’s family.
- Tony can name the musical artist and year for practically every song from the 1980’s to the early 2000’s.
- Sai was on the board for Innocence Matters, a non-profit organization seeking justice for the wrongfully convicted.
- Sai was selected as one of the 2020’s 40 Under 40 Most Inspirational Leaders by the National Mortgage Professionals magazine.
- Tony’s childhood best friend was his next-door neighbor, and they were with each other for every one of life’s milestones.
Our friends say that we complement each other perfectly!
Introducing Tony by Tony: I grew up in Mansfield Ohio, and went to college at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. I studied computer science and have been a software developer ever since and am currently in the role of a Lead Software Engineer. I work 9-5, but I work from home full-time, so that will be helpful when it comes time to bring the new baby home. My hobbies are working on home projects, gardening, art projects, sports and spending time with our dog Sage.
With my future child, I look forward to building them back up when life knocks them down and reminding them to stay grounded when they are flying high.
Written by Sai: Tony has one of the biggest hearts I have ever known. I fell for him because he is the most kind, loyal and genuine person and puts others first. He doesn’t even realize how humble he is, and he is going to be the most caring father.
He is the first to open up the umbrella for someone standing in the rain, buy a blood pressure monitoring tool for my parents because my dad has high blood pressure, give me a massage because working on the computer all day hurts my neck, and he makes sure we are properly recycling to make the world a better place.
His hugs make me feel protected and his smile will brighten anyone’s day. He is simply the best catch for this lucky gal and I can’t wait to become a parent with him!
- Food: Breakfast food, pizza, and cheesecake
- Music: Toad the Wet Sprocket (90’s jangle pop – but all genres are well represented in my playlists)
- Books: The Godfather
- Place to travel to: Any beach with warm water
- Quote: “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
Introducing Sai by Sai: I grew up in Huntington Beach, California and my parents still live in the same home in which I was raised. I am the Vice President of Technology for one of the largest mortgage lenders in the country. I love my job and have amazing flexibility. I work from home full-time and have control of my own schedule, which is a huge benefit as we grow our family.
I love to cook! I created my own cooking blog for fun and try flavors from around the world. After a long day of work my favorite thing to do is to come up with my own recipe and see what my husband thinks. I am proud to say out of all the dishes I have cooked over the last 3 years, he has only disliked one or two (or so he says). In addition to cooking, I love dancing and was a ballet, tap and hip-hop dance teacher while in high school.
I am so excited to be there for my future child while they go through the journey of life. From learning to read, to learning about love and heartbreak, to their realizations of their passions, and so on… I will be right by their side.
Written by Tony: Sai is the most transparent person I have ever known. The one word I consistently hear from people who have known Saisha all of her life is “inclusive.” She has a passion for helping the underdog and is incredibly saddened when anyone feels left out. She wears her heart on her sleeve, but she is far from a pushover and will fight fiercely for those she loves. I know Sai will be an amazing mother and I can’t wait to raise our future child with her!
- Food: This is a tie between Indian, Thai, Mexican & Italian. It is way too hard to pick!
- Music: Reggae (Matisyahu) & and Classical Jazz (Nina Simone).
- Books: I love reading mystery books- Agatha Christie is my absolute favorite author!
- Place to travel to: So far, my favorite vacation was to Costa Rica. Canyoning down a waterfall was a dream come true!
- Quote: “You must be the change you want to see in the world” – Gandhi
Meet Our Family
By Tony: I grew up in a small town in Ohio. My parents are still married after fifty years: my father was a civil engineer, and my mom stayed at home with my older sister and I. My sister and brother in-law live about an hour away in San Diego, CA and my parents are also not too far away in Henderson, Nevada (right outside of Las Vegas). We love spending time with all of them! We visit them every few months and make sure to spend all the holidays together. They are extremely loving, and their favorite thing to do is bake cookies for everyone!
By Sai: I was an only child raised in Huntington Beach, California but have 8 cousins and am very close to all of them! I grew up in a house with my parents and grandparents, so I had double the love, and double the support to follow my dreams. My parents and grandma still live in that very same house! I am VERY close to my parents so living no more than 20 minutes away was a must. My father is a retired IT Director and my mother is currently a Director in healthcare. We love having weekly dinners and movie nights with them.
Our sets of parents write to each other and send each other gifts (since Covid has made it hard to visit in person) and their love for one another makes us the happiest! They are so excited to welcome our future child into the family!
Top 5 Traditions:
- Christmas vacation every year! Usually right after Christmas we vacay as a family to somewhere new. We’re looking forward to starting this again once Covid is over.
- Birthday experiences! We are big on gifting experiences for birthdays versus material gifts. We cannot wait for our children to be gifted with special experiences every year! (Ex: Disneyworld, Legoland, etc.)
- Tandoori Turkey for Thanksgiving!
- Movie night on Black Friday with the whole family.
- Devouring the family cookie plates every winter!
The Place We Call Home
We live in beautiful Mission Viejo in southern Orange County, California. Our home is a cozy two-bedroom that is decorated with elements from many cultures, with a cute backyard that we have upgraded during our 2 years here. We purchased this home with the plan to grow our family in mind and we have decorated it in a way that truly embodies us. We cannot wait to add our future child’s personality to it as well and show them that you can make a house a home with hard work, creativity, and love.
Our neighborhood is extremely friendly, with lots of children playing outside, and a spacious park at the end of our block. We take our dog to this park all the time and it has become nice to see friendly faces and like-minded, family-oriented neighbors. We live near parks, trails, a lake, the beach and beautiful nature views. We are both lovers of the outdoors and plan to share that love with our future child. A bonus is that we live 20 minutes from the magical Disneyland, which we are excited to experience as a family!
Our “Dogter” Sage: Sage is an Australian Cattle Dog and is one of a kind. She will light up your day on the most difficult of days and make the already happy days even brighter. Even though she is five years old, she has the eyes, soul and playfulness of a puppy. She loves playing with our friends’ children’s and is looking forward to getting a little human sister or brother of her own.
In Closing – Thank You: We truly cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read about who we are. Though we hope that we get the opportunity to connect with you, and potentially be your choice for adoptive parents, we know that whatever happens you will make the decision that is best for you and your child.
We can commit to not only showering our future child with love and support, but also teaching them life’s important lessons. As parents, we want to make sure we are raising our children to be honest and transparent, and to think of others before themselves. Rather than just punishing or taking away freedoms, we would like to find a way to teach and present an opportunity for growth.
Lastly, we come from different cultures and backgrounds and we know the importance of ensuring that our child knows where they come from and learns about their own culture. This is a top priority for us and we hope it allows our child to always have a strong sense of self. Again, thank YOU!
Sai & Tony