My name is Shoshana. My friends call me Shosh and I hope you will too! Thank you for taking the time to get to know me! I have so much love to share and I’ve known since the age of 7 that I wanted to become a mom through adoption. Building a family bound by unconditional love is truly my life goal. I know you are a strong and loving woman to be making this difficult choice and I will remind your child of your courage and love for them daily. I am excited to meet you and answer any questions you have!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
A Little About Me
People are my favorite! I am an outgoing and fun-loving Southern California native. My friends would say I’m an extrovert who’s at my best when I’m engaging in my community. Los Angeles has been my home for 15 years, and I have a big and loving support system. My relationships with those I love are my highest priority. I pride myself on being a good friend, daughter, aunt, sister, and hopefully soon—mom!
I am grateful for all the opportunities I’ve had in life and I’m a strong believer in paying it forward and giving back. I mentor local students and organize groups of friends and coworkers to volunteer at the food bank and collect donations for the Women’s shelter.
I try to always be learning and growing. Any chance to read a new book, meet a new person, or experience a new place and I’m in! Especially if there’s an opportunity to do it in the sunshine. I am a BIG lover of the outdoors. I look forward to sharing my love of nature with my child through camping and regular trips to the beach.
I will teach my child that the people in our lives and the experiences we have are more valuable than any material object. The world can be a beautiful adventure, and I can’t wait to see my child explore it.
A Few Things That Make Me Happy:
- When someone asks for seconds of a meal that I’ve made
- Traveling to a new place and meeting new people
- Dogs with short legs
- Being by the water
- My niece texting me pics of her latest dragon drawings
I Will Teach My Son or Daughter:
- To treat others with kindness, dignity, and compassion
- To be proud of who they are and where they come from
- To always be curious and seek knowledge
- To not be afraid to fail or try new things
- To laugh or cry without fear of judgement
- To know that my love is unconditional and I will always be on their team
More About Me
I grew up in a small town in Southern California. My childhood was filled with musical theater, choral shows, camping trips, and lots of sleepovers with my girlfriends. I moved to Los Angeles for college where I studied economics and English literature. After graduation I started my career in marketing, and went back to school to get my MBA after a few years.
In between studying and working, I’ve been lucky to visit different parts of the world. A few of my most exciting trips were to Thailand, Vietnam, Dubai, Romania, and France. I even lived in Israel for 6 months before getting my MBA. I appreciate travel because it’s an amazing way to learn more about the world and meet wonderful people.
Of course, I love the feeling of coming home and enjoying everything LA has to offer. On weekends I’m usually outside enjoying the sun on the beach, or taking in a food truck festival with friends.
My Friends Say…
- “Shoshana is extremely reliable, fiercely loyal, loving, and kind. She has always gone out of her way to help people and take them under her wing. She cares so deeply for others in a way which makes us feel really special. I am excited for her to share this amazing love with a child.” —Emme A.
- “Shoshana is an extraordinary person. She is smart, caring, patient, warm, understanding, and accepting. When something good happens, I want to tell Shosh, when something bad happens I want to tell Shosh. I can’t wait to see her as a mom.” —Nicole B.
- “Shoshana is the most loving, caring, and dependable person we know. Her kindness and compassion help her make friends everywhere she goes. We know her selflessness, lifelong experience with kids, and fierce dedication to the people she loves will make her an amazing mama.”—Christine & Matt H.
My Hobbies: Growing up, my mother taught me how to bake and cook. My friends wanted to come to my house after school because we would always have freshly made snacks.
I also love to paint and craft. I’ve made most of the artwork in my home, and DIY decorated many of my friends’ children’s birthday parties. There is nothing more fun than helping an 8-year old make a hippo centerpiece out of balloons for her birthday! I have so much fun baking with my niece—I can’t wait to do the same with my child!
Home Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home in Sunny California: I live in a beautiful, diverse, and family-friendly neighborhood in Los Angeles. I have a warm home that is full of light and the smell of fresh baked treats. There is an excellent elementary school nearby, and the beach, museums and zoo are only a short drive away. I love hosting friends and family for dinner, which sometimes leads to spontaneous dance parties. On the weekends, you’ll find me out in the sun at one of the many nearby parks, picnicking with friends and their kids. In the summertime, I take advantage of outdoor live music and splashing around at the beach. On the rare rainy day in LA, I enjoy hosting friends over for movie nights with hot cocoa and treats.
You May be Surprised to Find Out…
- I’ve spent my life always around children. My mom ran a daycare center for over 35 years. Today, I’m lucky to be a busy Auntie with my niece and friends’ children.
- I love to sing. I sang in a choir for over 14 years and traveled the world on tour. Today I’m always playing music at home and singing along.
- Mentoring others is important to me. I mentor students interested in marketing and help them get started in their careers. Seeing them succeed and become mentors themselves is a wonderful feeling.
It takes a village to raise a child, and I’m so grateful for my large village of family and friends! My mom lives nearby and is my favorite partner in crime. We love to bake, shop, travel, and just hang out together. We are also close with my aunt and uncle who live a short 10 minutes away. They often have me over to share their delicious homemade mole enchiladas. My sister and niece live in Arizona and we get together for regular visits and connect daily on Facetime. Many of my closest friends who have families with young children live nearby, including my best friend of over 17 years who has a family created through adoption. My child will be welcomed into a community that celebrates families of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Everyone in my life is beyond thrilled to welcome another child into our family village!
My Career: I love my job doing marketing for a healthcare company. My company is parent-friendly, and offers flexible schedules and benefits that will enable me to put family first. I currently work from home and have the option to return to the office part-time, where there is a fantastic onsite preschool.
In Closing: I hope this isn’t a goodbye, but a see you soon! Thank you for taking the time to learn about me. I can’t wait to dedicate my life to raising a happy, healthy, and well-loved child. If given the privilege to adopt, I will love your child unconditionally and devote my life to providing them with all of the opportunities they need to thrive. I know the decision you are making is selfless and comes from the pure love you have for your child. I will remind them of your love every day, and celebrate the story of where they came from. Your trust and comfort with this process is incredibly important to me. I wish you strength on your journey and peace with your decision. If learning about me has brought you any closer to that, please reach out! I would be honored to answer any questions you may have.