Dear Birth Mother
Hi! I’m Sigal from Los Angeles, California. Thank you for taking the time to learn about me. I want you to know that I admire your courage to find a loving home for your child.
I can’t wait to be a mom! It is something I always dreamt of. My parents gave me the precious gift of a wonderful childhood – one filled with laughs, love and cherished memories. I want to give a child a great life, shower them with love, encourage them to follow their dreams and teach them to be good to others.
I am so excited to go on this journey and promise you my home will always be filled with love, encouragement and support. I wish you strength in whichever road you take in making the right decision for both of you. Follow your heart!
With much love and support, Sigal
A Little About Me
I grew up in Los Angeles and live a few minutes from where I grew up. My family traveled a lot when I was growing up. That’s probably where I got my love for traveling. I love exploring new places, meeting new people and experiencing different cultures.
Home Sweet Home
I lived in New York, Boston and Israel but somehow, I always gravitated back to Los Angeles to where my family lives. I always loved Los Angeles – from the weather to the culture, diversity and beautiful outdoors. I live in an amazing neighborhood with a great school district. The beach is a short drive away. There are great parks around (6 of them!), a lake close by and a lot of hiking trails. The best part though is that I live down the street from my parents and my brothers. There are so many wonderful things to do here with kids – surfing at the beach, playing at the park, feeding the ducks at the lake, going to the zoo and exploring the City. Disneyland, Six Flags and Universal Studios are all a short drive away.
I love what I do! I am a visual artist. I paint and I sculpt. My work has taken me to many places around the world from Asia to Europe to the Middle East. I have been fortunate to be able to give back through my work – hosting art workshops for kids, working with high school students, donating my art to hospitals and lending my paintings to libraries and other public spaces.
I also work for our family business. It is a beverage company that my Dad started more than 40 years ago. I recently started working from home and have the flexibility to make my own schedule. This will be really helpful when raising a child.
My Loved Ones
People say it takes a village to raise a child. I have an incredible support system around me – a wonderful family and great friends. They have always been my biggest supporters. They could not be more excited about me adopting.
My family is my everything!
I’ve been blessed with an incredible family. My parents have been happily married for 56 years. My Mom is my rock and I feel fortunate to have her as my Mom, my best friend and my role model. We have a great time walking around the lake, going to concerts at Disney Hall, traveling, going to museums or just watching a girly movie.
I am very close with my two older brothers, Ari and Barak, and my sister-in-law, Helen. We all live a few blocks away from each other. We have family dinners together every Friday, but I see them quite a lot during the week as well. We are always together during the holidays. We cook up a storm and have a lot of fun together.
My Friends are like Family!
I have some very close friends in LA. We love going to the beach, taking road trips, having picnics at the park or just hanging out. I also have friends (and many cousins) who live in all kinds of cool cities around the world – New York, Paris, Milan, Tel Aviv, Hong Kong and Mumbai. This will come in handy when I can take my future child to visit these countries!
My Favorite Things
Some of my favorite things:
- Spending time with friends – picnics at the park, campfires at the beach, road trips, movie nights or just hanging out.
- Road trips are so much fun! I’ve been going on road trips for years up the coast, to the desert and to the national parks (Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion.) I’ve gone up the coast numerous times from LA to San Francisco to Northern California and Oregon. So incredibly beautiful!
- Going to concerts with my family at Disney Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
- Nature – the beach, mountains, desert, …
- Traveling – I’ve been to Hong Kong, China, Israel, Italy, Spain, England, Austria, Switzerland, Mexico and more! I can’t wait to show my future child the world through our travels!
- Hiking – there are so many great trails by where I live.
- Art, architecture, photography … pretty much anything creative.
- Live music.
- I love going to the beach in the winter. There is something so peaceful, beautiful and serene in the ocean during that time of year.
- Ice cream – banana, pistachio and strawberry.
- Going to museums and galleries.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me. I am so grateful to have you consider me to be the adoptive parent of your child.
My Promise to You
- I will love your child unconditionally.
- I will make sure your child grows up knowing how much love it took for you to make this decision and how brave you are.
- You will always have a special place in our hearts.
- My home will always be filled with love, laughter, encouragement and support.
I hope you find peace in your decision and I wish you and your child the very best on this journey.
With much admiration,