Zach & Sasha
Sasha & Zach
We are Sasha and Zach from Southern California. Hi, Birth Mom! You are a strong and courageous woman, and we truly admire your love for your child and your selflessness. We are SO excited to grow our family through adoption, and we believe in our hearts that this is what is meant to be for our family. Our life together is full of fun, laughter, and love, and we have so much more of it to share. Thank you for reading our story, and we can’t wait until we get to meet you!
Our Love Story and Life Today: Our love story officially began in 2013 …but we have known each other since we were teenagers and went to school together! We “re-met” at a friend’s birthday, and we’ve been inseparable ever since. We found out later that our friends made sure we spoke that night because they knew we’d be a perfect match!
Our Story Continued: We got engaged 3 years later in Solvang, CA. It’s a quaint Danish town with lots of windmills that is really special to us, and Zach proposed under an old oak tree with our closest friends and family hiding in the background. Sasha had no idea Zach had been hiding a ring in his sock all morning! It’s still the best surprise he’s ever kept…
We got married a year later in Topanga, CA surrounded by all of our friends and family. The most special part was writing our vows to each other, and our high school principal married us! We go back to visit whenever we can to remember that beautiful, love-filled day.
We are true partners and best friends, and we love spending time together. On regular days, we cook together, take our dog Dexter to the park, watch movies, and sit in our garden catching up. On weekends, we love to travel, try new restaurants, go to concerts and museums, and have big family dinners at our house.
Our relationship is full of laughter, trust, and lots of loud, bad singing! We can’t wait to experience it all with our future child.
Things We Love To Do Together:
We love to watch movies! Especially on Friday movie & pizza night! Sometimes we watch old favorites at home, and sometimes we go out when something looks good (or when we want theater popcorn!). Our favorites are the ones that make us laugh, and Zach loves to quote them afterwards!
We love to take day trips! Our most recent have been to Santa Barbara and Catalina Island. We went to Catalina for Sasha’s last birthday and saw dolphins on the boat ride!
We love to cook together! Zach is an amazing baker, and Sasha’s favorite is his carrot cake! Sasha makes dinner almost every night. She’s currently working on a goal with her mom and sister to cook every recipe in their favorite cookbook, and Zach is the taste tester!
We love to travel! The best part is getting to experience new places, people, and cultures. Sasha has visited more than 20 countries, and Zach has visited more than 30 states. Our favorite place to go together is Hawaii – we try to visit at least once a year, and on our last trip we watched whales and could hear their calls underwater while we were snorkeling!
Sasha through Zach’s Eyes: Sasha is kind, loving and thoughtful. She reminds me each morning to take my lunch so I don’t starve! The best part of my day is coming home to her and knowing she is there to greet me with a big hug and kiss. She has so much love to give and shows it in her actions. Her daily “I love you” phone calls and text messages remind me of just how lucky I am to spend my life with her.
Sasha puts our family first and is always planning fun dates and getaways for us. She plans trips to concerts and plays, and our last adventure was to see the Game of Thrones music played by an orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl!
Sasha is selfless in her career and works every day to provide care for the thousands of homeless people in our community. I am so proud of her and her willingness to help others in need.
I love watching Sasha spend time with her goddaughter – the two of them have such a great relationship. Sasha loves cooking for her, hearing all about her day, helping with homework, and just cuddling on the couch watching cartoons with her. She is going to be a wonderful mother!
Fun Facts About Sasha:
• Sasha loves to travel to new countries, and she has a lifelong goal of visiting all 7 continents. So far, she’s crossed 4 off the list!
• Sasha learned to speak Spanish when she was in college – she lived with a family in Spain and made friends there who she still keeps in touch with.
• Sasha loves frogs! She had a pet frog named Paco for 15 years.
• Sasha’s family is from England, and her mom speaks with a British accent! She lived in England for a little while too, as a student and then for work. One of her best friends lives there, and she flew all the way to California for Zach and Sasha’s wedding!
Zach Through Sasha’s Eyes: Zach wakes up happy every morning, and it brings so much joy to our home and to my life. He starts his day by singing when he gets ready for work! His heart is big and bright, and you can’t help but smile when you are around him.
Zach is so adventurous – he’ll try almost anything! He surfs, hikes and explores, and he is constantly learning – I love that about him most. He makes me feel excited to try new things myself!
Zach is hardworking and driven, and he is just as passionate about his career in operations and security as the day we “re-met”. I am so proud of him every single day.
Zach is handy and can fix just about anything! I’m always amazed at what he can figure out – his latest project was refurbishing a 1970’s picnic table for our patio!
Zach is my dream come true. He is patient, kind, loving, funny, loyal, and the best man I’ve ever known. He supports me constantly and truly loves me unconditionally, and I can’t wait to see him share all of that with our child. He is going to be the most incredible dad!
Fun Facts About Zach:
• Music is a big part of our lives. Zach’s dad is a jazz guitarist, and we go to see him play often. Zach plays the drums and trumpet, and sometimes has jam sessions with his brother Adam, who plays the keyboard! And karaoke is a big part of nearly every family gathering.
• Once Zach stayed up all night to make Sasha her dream birthday cake – a chocolate orange 10-layer cake!
• Our family is full of twins! Zach is an identical twin, and he and his brother are so alike that people have a hard time telling them apart. Sasha has cousins and an aunt/uncle who are twins also!
The People We Love: We are so thankful to have a loving support system of family and friends that we see all the time. Our parents are close friends, and so are our siblings. Zach has an older brother with two children, and he also has an identical twin! Sasha has a younger sister who she talks with every day. We all get together for Sunday family dinners at our home, and sometimes we karaoke for a little after-dinner fun!
We also have many aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who live nearby, and we see them often. Our warm, loving family of relatives and friends has blended together seamlessly since we married, and they are so excited to welcome a new family member!
Fun Family Traditions:
• We love Christmas so much that we celebrate it twice a year – once in December, and a second time with our annual Christmas in July BBQ!
• Sundays are our favorite day of the week. If we’re not having Sunday family dinner at our home, we meet up with our family at the park to walk Dexter together.
• On New Year’s Day, we have everyone over to watch the Rose Parade and have breakfast in our pajamas – there’s no better way to spend it than with the people we love most.
Meet Dexter: Our dog Dexter is a huge part of our lives. He came to us 8 years ago as a rescue, and he is the sweetest, gentlest boy. Children from our neighborhood run to see him when we go on our nightly walks!
At least twice a week, we meet up with Sasha’s mom and sister at the park to walk together. He is happy and playful, and he loves snuggling on the couch between us at night. He brings so much joy to our life!
Our Home & Promises
Welcome To Our Home: We love living in Los Angeles! The weather, the diversity, the chance to do anything you want anytime – there is nowhere else we’d rather call home. We were both born here, so the best part is that we get to be close to our friends and family.
Our home is warm, bright, and cozy. We love relaxing with Dexter on our comfy living room sofa, and hanging out in our backyard. We recently built our patio and planted a garden, and now we are watching some of our plants grow!
We live in a safe neighborhood with lots of trees and animals, and great places to walk our dog Dexter. Our neighborhood is a close community where everyone is always ready to help each other, and we love that we can have this experience while living in a city with so many different types of people, art, food, and cultures. It’s the perfect place for us to raise our family and offer our child the opportunity to explore anything they dream about.
Our Promise To You and Your Child:
• We promise to be loving, supportive, and patient. Your child will always be free to be themselves, and we will make sure they know that there is nothing they can ever do to change our love for them.
• We promise to tell your child every day just how much we love them, and just how special they are.
• We promise to sing to your child every night until they are old enough to ask us to stop!
• We promise to show your child how beautiful this world can be, and introduce them to different cultures and experiences. We understand the importance of heritage and traditions, and we promise to explore your child’s cultural values and traditions together.
• We promise to put your child first above everything else, and they will be the center of our lives.
• We promise to always remind your child of how much you love them, and how special and courageous you are. Most of all, we promise to love them with every piece of our being, unconditionally, now and forever.
Thank You! We cannot wait to be parents! We love each other so much, and adding a child to our home will truly make us feel like a family in a way we haven’t experienced before.
Thank you for considering us to be part of your adoption story. We would love to get to know you as much as you are comfortable with, and we look forward to telling our child that it was your love and bravery that made us a family.