Hello from Southern California! My name is Meredith. Thank you for reading my profile and learning a little about me. I have always known adoption was going to be part of how I created my family and am beyond ready to begin the journey of motherhood. I welcome any questions you have about me, my life and my family.
I cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling, thinking or experiencing during this difficult time. I see you as a courageous, strong and loving parent because of the thought and dedication you are putting into this life changing decision. I hope you find comfort in knowing that your child will be regarded as the biggest blessing and cherished every day. As you face this decision, I would be honored to be chosen to be part of this journey with you.
Getting to Know Me: I am an attorney at a private firm. It is a very family-oriented environment and there are occasions I will see children in the halls when their parents are working. Even better, when I am not in court or depositions, I have the freedom and flexibility to work from home which I plan on taking advantage of in the early years of my future child’s life.
When I’m not working, I love to spend time with my sister. We have done a ton of traveling together but there is so much more that we want to see and do. I also love to go shopping, walk through a museum, try a new restaurant or just hang out by the pool with a BBQ. I also get together with friends whether it be for a dinner party and board games, heading to a basketball game, concert or supporting a charity event.
My Loved Ones Describe Me as:
- Family oriented
- Hard working
- Good listener
Home Sweet Home
I was born and raised on the East Coast …in New Jersey/New York, which exposed me to the big city, lights and action, but I have been out on the West Coast in Southern California just as long. I moved after college and never looked back. My family got tired of shoveling snow and eventually moved out here as well.
My home is my sanctuary-cozy, inviting and always smells of food cooking. I live on a street filled with children playing in the front corridor and am close to a ton of playgrounds. There are also several great schools within walking distance plus, all that Southern California has to offer including Universal Studios, Disneyland, the beach, zoo and Legoland are a short drive away that I hope to experience with my future child.
I Will Teach My Future Child:
- That the world is a better place when you show kindness, compassion and forgiveness to others.
- Good manners – to always say please and thank you.
- We are all human and we all make mistakes but the difference between success and failure is getting back up and trying again.
- To shoot for the stars and dream big because if you follow your passion, you will always be happy.
- To be confident and believe in himself/herself because anything is possible.
- To never lose their imagination and wonder.
- My love is unconditional, and kisses and cuddles will be endless.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
- I love to travel and get immersed in the culture, food, scenario and the people. My favorite trips thus far have been Italy and Greece but, by far my happy place is Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- I love to cook and bake, especially during the holiday time. I am known for hosting dinner and brunches with friends and family including playing games, music and good conversation.
- I believe in giving back and volunteering my time to worthy causes including families affected by cancer and ending hunger because I have been affected by these issues growing up.
- I grew up immersed in culture including arts and crafts, museums as well as musicals on Broadway and still enjoy doing these activities as an adult.
- While I was into all sorts of sports growing up (cheerleading, gymnastics, ice skating, karate and dance), my athletic ability never took me far so now you can find me just being a spectator at the games.
Meet My Loved Ones
My father passed away when I was young, and my sister and I were raised by a single mom who also passed away a few years ago. My mother was my everything – friend, confidant and biggest cheerleader. She taught me to be a strong, independent woman. I miss her terribly and will make sure my future child knows how wonderful of a person she was and how she would have loved to have been part of this experience.
I am blessed to have an older sister who is my best friend and lives close by. She couldn’t be more excited to be an Auntie who will likely spoil her future niece or nephew to no end! We spend a lot of time together and she is a constant in my life.
In addition, my friends are like a family to me and they are overjoyed to have a child in the group! They can’t wait to be a part of the child’s life, teaching him/her to play soccer, taking him/her to see sporting events, dancing at concerts or just babysitting watching Disney movies.
6 Family Traditions of Mine:
• The holidays for my family are a time for us to be together. I grew up culturally Jewish but always celebrated it on Christmas but with a twist. Instead of a real tree, we have a white tree with blue trimming and spend our days decorating it with all the ornaments our friends have given us over the years.
- Every Sunday we had a family dinner where we would go around the table and discuss our favorite and worst part of the week and what we looked forward to.
- Every year we try traveling to a new international destination. Next on the list is Spain and Portugal.
- Whenever I am on vacation, playing games is always a must. I am the reigning champion of “Uno”.
- For our birthdays, we always exchange both a funny and sentimental card-one to make us cry because it shows how much we are loved and one to make us laugh.
- We always host a Friendsgiving where all of our friends gather with all the fixings for the holidays while we make the turkey, and everyone goes around to share what they are thankful for that year.
My Promise to You and Your Child
- Your child will always be well cared for and live in a loving home where he/she will feel safe and protected.
- Your child will grow up enjoying a life making fun filled memories.
- I will encourage and nurture anything he/she takes interest in whether it be sports, academia or the arts.
- We will watch Sesame Street in the morning, take walks in the park and I will read them a bedtime story before bed.
- I will always encourage them to be themselves because they are unique and one of a kind.
- Your child will always know their adoption story and I will always honor you with admiration, respect and compassion.
Thank You: I truly appreciate the time you have taken to learn about me, and I can’t wait to meet you and hear all about your story. I could not be more excited for this journey and getting to share my love and life with a child. I always knew motherhood was my destiny and I feel my life’s path had led me here for a reason. My family is overjoyed to welcome another member to our family who they will get to spoil and help provide a loving and nurturing life. I promise to offer my guidance, patience, understanding, fun and most importantly, unconditional love as they grow into the person they are meant to be.