Hi, we are Tiffany & David from Athens, Georgia along with our dog, Dalilah. Thank you for choosing to learn more about us and the life we hope to provide for your child. We are a loving, fun and adventurous couple that have created a home for your child filled with music, laughter, honesty, empathy, acceptance and unconditional love. We have always wanted to have a family and are excited to raise a child through the gift of adoption. Despite the heartache of 2 miscarriages and infertility, we have always shared the desire to adopt. We learned about open adoption through friends who have adopted and saw what a positive influence it has been on their children’s’ lives, especially when a relationship is maintained with their birth family. We knew that open adoption was the path we wanted to pursue to grow our family.
Dear Birth Mother...
We are a devoted couple of 29 years, married for 21 years. We met while working together at a restaurant and our friendship blossomed into love over our shared interests of literature, music, animals, cooking, and movies. We love to travel, for the adventure of meeting new people, learning their culture, food and music. We are sci-fi geeks who love to listen to music and will often break into spontaneous dance, no matter where we are. Our love is unconditional, always telling each other “I love you” when we awake and right before bedtime. We are always honest with each other, sharing everything and feel that the basis of a healthy relationship is communication, respect and compassion. We are each other’s best friends and even after almost 30 years, prefer to spend our free time together, making each other laugh. One memory that still makes us laugh is when we were first engaged, our pet ferret, Sebastian, stole the engagement ring!
Our Dreams for Your Child
- Nurture their curiosity, as well as their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Teach them to play a musical instrument. David plays both electric and acoustic guitar
- Show them how to swim and build sandcastles
- Grow vegetables, and learn to cook and bake
- Have fun exploring their world
Meet Tiffany, by David
Tiffany is a happy, loving, nurturing person and the most generous human I have ever met. Her positive energy brings joy to those around her. She is very intuitive to the needs of everyone, especially children and animals, becoming the biggest kid when she plays with both. One of my favorite things about her is her ability to see the good in everyone, even in difficult situations. It was with her encouragement that helped me reconcile with my best friend. I know that she will be a great mom, as evident in always being supportive of our nephews, nieces, and friends’ children from infancy to adulthood. She is a natural caregiver, with an abundance of patience and empathy. I know that she is excited about the prospect of showing our future child all the fun activities that Athens, GA offers.
You May be Surprised to Find Out...
- Tiffany is a huge Star Wars and Harry Potter Fan
- She grew up near the beach, learning to swim and build drizzle sandcastles
- Tiffany is a fixer, building and repairing things around the home
- She has hiked the Smokies, Cascades and Grand Teton mountains
Tiffany has worked as a cardiology veterinary technician for 24 years and her job is very flexible and family friendly. She does not work evenings or weekends and has ample time off available to care for a young child. She plans to retire in 4 years, with the option of returning to work part-time.
Meet David, by Tiffany
David is a very outgoing, loving and self-confident person who has a youthful soul, bringing cheer and fun wherever he goes. He is very creative in everything he does and is a deeply compassionate and empathetic person who cannot bear to witness a person or animal experience harm or oppression. He is a dependable, honest, hardworking partner who openly expresses his feelings to those he loves. He isn’t afraid of being silly, whether it is with our pets or friends’ children. I’ve always admired his ability to get down to a child’s level to better understand them. His sense of adventure and fearless curiosity lead to some fun vacations, including making up songs about being lost in Venice, Italy, while lost, knee deep in water! I know that he cannot wait to go on adventures as a family. He has always supported me in all my goals and dreams, and encourages me tirelessly. I know that he will also be our child’s biggest champion and fan.
You May be Surprised to Find Out...
- David grew up in Germany on an Air Force Base
- Hiked the Appalachian Trail in reverse
- He plans on writing and illustrating a children’s book about our adoption journey
- David is an Eagle Scout
- He learned to play guitar at 40
- He played tennis in high school and went to the state finals
David is currently enrolled in college to complete a drafting degree, which will allow him to work from home making technical drawings on a computer from an architect’s designs. He previously was a concierge at a hotel and primarily worked in customer service. This career change will allow more time to spend with family.
List of Favorites!
Favorite Vacation Spot
Tiffany: Any beach
David: The mountains
Tiffany: Reading, listening to podcasts
David: Painting sci-fi models, reading
Favorite Children’s Book
Tiffany: Charlotte’s Web
David: Where the Wild Things Are
Favorite Fun Fact
Tiffany: Loves to bake
David: Is the cook in the family
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
Tiffany: Mint chocolate chip
David: Tiffany’s homemade peach ice cream
Favorite Musical Artist
Tiffany: St Paul and the Broken Bones
David: Ray LaMontagne
Historical Figure I Want to Meet
Tiffany: Ruth Bader Ginsburg
David: Barack Obama or David Bowie
Favorite Place to Take a Child
Tiffany: Playground or library
David: Anywhere outside so we can explore and discover nature
Our Home & Community
Our home is in a safe, quiet, and diverse neighborhood in Athens, Georgia. We have a big front yard with garden and flower beds along with a private backyard that is bordered by a creek that we enjoy listening to from our second-story deck, while watching fireflies dance in the trees in the summer, and making s’mores at our fire pit. We walk the neighborhood almost every evening with our dog, Dalilah, and a nature trail is just a short distance from our front door. Our neighborhood celebrates Halloween, Christmas with almost every home decorated, lots of Trick-or-Treaters and fireworks at New Years. We have called Athens home for almost 30 years because of its friendly, small town vibe with all the cultural benefits of a big city. It is home to the University of Georgia and has a thriving music, art and food scene, in addition to many outdoor adventures.
We share our home with our rescue dog, Dalilah, aka “Monkey”. She is a 7 year old, female, hound dog we adopted 4 years ago. She loves all people, especially children, and her favorites include the dog park, greeting trick-or-treaters at Halloween, looking out the kitchen window from her chair, getting belly rubs, or just being silly. Her favorite treat is celery or carrots, but any food will do. Pets have always been important members of our family, and we cannot imagine our life without her. We know she will become our child’s new best friend immediately.
Places We Love in Our Community
- Sunset Park has a weekly farmer’s market, playgrounds, tennis courts, baseball and soccer fields and Dalilah’s favorite dog park. It is our favorite place to watch 4th of July fireworks.
- Washington Farms has strawberries to pick in the spring and pumpkins to choose in the fall with hay rides, fresh kettle popcorn and a corn maze
- There are great music venues all over Athens, our favorite, The Georgia Theatre, in downtown
- Sandy Creek Park and nature center has a lake for swimming or kayaking, multiple nature trails, soccer and baseball fields, as well as a dog park. The visitor center hosts children's programs and birthday parties.
- Bear Hollow Zoo/Memorial Park: The zoo is home for native Georgia wildlife and hosts an annual Halloween carnival and Boo at the Zoo. Memorial Park surrounds the zoo and has a playground, picnic shelters and a nature trail.
Our Family & Friends
Our family is racially diverse and would joyfully welcome a child of any race or ethnicity. Adoption has been a positive influence on both our families. Tiffany has a large family made up of her mother, sister and brother, his wife, and adult niece and nephews, all whom live close by. We are very close and spend time together every month, playing card games, listening to music, working together on home-improvement projects, or just talking. She has cousins, aunts and uncles in Georgia and spread across the country and stays in touch with calls and texts. Christmas is usually spent at her mother's, playing board or card games, cooking dinner and baking our favorite cookies. The home is often full of laughter and love. David's family is a little smaller, made up of our adult niece and nephew and their families, whom we visit every 2-3 months.
Tiffany’s sister made the courageous decision to place an infant daughter for adoption when she was unable to parent. Her own step-father was adopted as well. David’s best friend growing up was adopted into a loving family as an infant, as well as Tiffany’s best friend being adopted by her maternal grandparents. We also are friends with three couples who have all adopted children. Since we have so many adoption stories in our family, it is something very close to our hearts. Our child will always be surrounded by those who deeply understand adoption and are delighted to help along the way.
We have a large village of friends in Athens, who are thrilled at the prospect of us becoming parents. Our families and friends are eagerly awaiting to help us in our new roles and to share in our adoption journey.
What Our Friend, Steve, Says About Us
Tiffany and David are simply top-notch people, all the way through. Both have a love for anything that grows (plants, pets, people). Both are artistic and freely express themselves in everything they do from cooking to home improvement to making music, and a host of talents in between. Any child in need of a loving home would win the "parental lottery" if they are fortunate to have these candidates as part of their lives.
- Birthdays are always a big celebration
- At Christmas, we hide an ornament in the tree, and then whomever finds it, gets a special present
- Friday nights are for playing board or card games
- We watch Nightmare before Christmas every Halloween
- Always saying “I love you” every night before going to bed
Our Promises to You
- We will always be honest and love your child unconditionally
- We will nurture their imagination, curiosity and encourage exploration of their world
- We will show them that you are never too old to have fun or be silly
- We will encourage them to pursue their dreams, hobbies and talents
- We will teach them how to be compassionate and honest
- We promise to give your child a home full of laughter and fun, surrounded by love
Thank you for considering us as parents for your child. We are deeply honored and grateful. We believe that open adoption is beneficial for everyone and want to maintain a relationship to whatever degree you are comfortable. We feel that the more love a child has in their life, a better life they will have. We are excited about the challenges that raising a child will present, as well as the great joy that can come from parenting. We can’t wait to meet you and hear all about your own life. Your decision was made with love.